13. Flames take Mike Zibanejad
14. Stars take Joe Nieuwendyk
15. Rangers take Mark Scheifele

(Strome out of the top 10? :shakehead)

Last edited:

lance78

Jul 7, 2010
Denver
Are you expecting a transaction between Dallas and NYR for the 14th position?

Just wondering why Dallas is not drafting 14th in your mock.

Isles_Guy*

No way Isles pass on Landeskog. Imagine a line of Landeskog-Tavares-Niederrieter
agreed if landeskog is there at 5 hes an islander unless Larsson falls

they are 1,2 on Snows board

after that its a forward

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
5. Isles take Ryan Murphy
7. Jets take Dougie Hamilton

I'm still having problems with Murphy being chosen before Hamilton. I can admit it may happen, but when I look at those tow play, I think Hamilton has a sure fire solid NHL career, Murphy has an uphill battle due to size. Ellis was IMHO better than Murphy at this juncture and he has not even got a sniff yet.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm still having problems with Murphy being chosen before Hamilton. I can admit it may happen, but when I look at those tow play, I think Hamilton has a sure fire solid NHL career, Murphy has an uphill battle due to size. Ellis was IMHO better than Murphy at this juncture and he has not even got a sniff yet.

good point...

I have read a "blog" on Murphy being this year's Fowler.....and how he could instantly generate offense at the NHL level....

I have never seen him play.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
good point...

I have read a "blog" on Murphy being this year's Fowler.....and how he could instantly generate offense at the NHL level....

I have never seen him play.

Arguably Murphy could, I'd be surprised perhaps, but can believe it.

2 inches and 25 pounds seperates those two players though. Fowler really is on the small side of an NHL d man, Murphy is very small. Now some players can do it at that size, Karlsson being a very prime example, but the truth is its not easy at all. I've highlighted this someplace before, but when you look at drafting D men its not very often a sub 6 foot D man goes in the first round, and far less they actually make it. You have to be very skilled to be an NHL d man at that size.

Hamilton on the other hand is 6'4. Not only is that NHL size, its bigger than average. He needs to fill out a bit as he only sits at 200 pounds and that should come. And he is quite talented offensively too. He may not be Murphy, but he should be able to do a lot of other things that Murphy cannot. I thought Murphy's defensive weaknesses were really on display at the U18 tourny, and Hamilton should not have the same issues.

I guess if you are trying to get a mock draft as close to the NHL as possible, I'd go Hamilton first because NHL GM's love size. If I was saying something specific about these two players, I'd say Murphy has more upside, but he is a risk reward pick. Hamilton should be a much safer pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00