"The Big Dog" Eric Tangradi

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Tanger's last game in London

I was at that horrible game...Tanger got in a fight and left the ice, not to return shaking his hand...does anyone know if he re/injured it?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
well, with Staal out and Guerin not re-signed, I think he can grab a top 6 stop with a solid round of preseason games. he's had a good camp thus far. could be a real sleeper if he can crack the pens lineup.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
well, with Staal out and Guerin not re-signed, I think he can grab a top 6 stop with a solid round of preseason games. he's had a good camp thus far. could be a real sleeper if he can crack the pens lineup.

He's apparently clicked real well with Malkin and Comrie, and that line's been consistent all camp so far, so it looks like he has the inside track right now, anyway.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Tangradi sent down to the AHL. I think he has 2 pts in 8 or 9 games so far while spoon fed quality ice time. Strike one. If he has a poor AHL season, it wont be promising for his future. This really isnt a good sign considering the lack of quality wingers on Pittsburgh.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Tangradi sent down to the AHL. I think he has 2 pts in 8 or 9 games so far while spoon fed quality ice time. Strike one. If he has a poor AHL season, it wont be promising for his future. This really isnt a good sign considering the lack of quality wingers on Pittsburgh.

spoon fed quality icetime? :laugh: come back when you watch the games.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

You've got an agenda and clearly have no idea what you're talking about regarding his ice time and its quality. Scamper off.

Eric "the ***** cat" Tangradi

:dunno:

Apr 9, 2009
USA

He wasn't playing with Crosby, and wasn't playing with Malkin the majority of the time. He didn't even get a chance with Sid. He looked excellent at times, especially early in the season. Played a simple game, but did look overwhelmed at times.

You aren't going to produce much getting fewer minutes than Mike Rupp and playing on the 4th line. I don't know why he was playing in that role, he has more skill than Dupuis and played better than Comrie. If you consider the fewest amount of minutes on the team as being "spoon fed quality ice time," then you're out of your mind.

Short version of what I just said: you don't know what you're talking about.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He looked OK in the games I saw (vs. the Leafs, and both games vs. Philly), nothing special but didn't look insanely out of place either. Nothing wrong with spending some more time seasoning in the AHL as a 21 year old power forward either. But those expecting 20 goals out of him this season definitely took a few too many sips from the homerade, 20 goals for a rookie is fairly rare, especially for a rookie who put up just 17 goals and 39 points in 65 AHL games last year.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
He looked OK in the games I saw (vs. the Leafs, and both games vs. Philly), nothing special but didn't look insanely out of place either. Nothing wrong with spending some more time seasoning in the AHL as a 21 year old power forward either. But those expecting 20 goals out of him this season definitely took a few too many sips from the homerade, 20 goals for a rookie is fairly rare, especially for a rookie who put up just 17 goals and 39 points in 65 AHL games last year.

Wasn't he playing a limited role in Wilkes Barre last season? Something tells me he's going to put up big points if he ends up playing in the AHL all year. From his limited time in Pittsburgh, you could tell he had a good feel for the game, in spite of the fact that he was still getting used to the speed of the NHL. He has some soft hands for a guy his size, too. He's going to be an impact player for the Pens in a couple seasons.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's not gonna be a real impactful top-6 forward for another or so, I think.

I'd say his development is right on track.

. If he has a poor AHL season, it wont be promising for his future.
Doesn't that go for anyone? Why even say that?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

1) I don't think many expected Tangradi to hit 20 goals this year. Of course, the wildly optimistic posters are the ones that always get remembered.

2) Tangradi still had major issues with his hand for the first half of last year. Once it was properly healed, he put up points at about a PPG pace.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
tangradi has done alot better than i thought he would. he had a great last year at belleville but was much older bigger and stronger than everyone. the transition to the AHL was alot better than i thought he would have, and he played very well in the NHL considering just less than a year ago he was playing against 16 year old and now he was playing against people bigger and faster than him. he will be fine but i still think he will be a 40 pt winger in his best year

AugustBurnsRed*

Tangradi will be fine but he needs to work on some things for sure. Looked promising in his first few games but has gotten barely any ice time and played a grinding role with Adams and Rupp... so playing in the WBS top six will do him better.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Tangradi has a steep hill to climb against the odds to become an impact NHL scorer based on how he's produced so far.

If everything turns out roses for him, I think maybe he turns into Dustin Penner II. But that's only if everything turns out roses.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Tangradi has a steep hill to climb against the odds to become an impact NHL scorer based on how he's produced so far.

If everything turns out roses for him, I think maybe he turns into Dustin Penner II. But that's only if everything turns out roses.

He's essentially played with fourth liners. I don't know what you expect him to produce given that situation.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
He's essentially played with fourth liners. I don't know what you expect him to produce given that situation.

Yup. I thought he looked pretty solid when he was playing a top six role early in the season. Played a simple game and seemed to be in good position for the most part.

I remember after about three games in many were saying that he and Letestu had been our best forwards. I know, small sample size, but still. He showed that he can play. He's just young and could use more work in a top six role.

I'm glad they're sending him down if they thought he could only be effective on the fourth line. Kind of confusing, but I guess it could be worse.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I guess the thing with Tangradi is that he always "looks" better than he actually plays. He's damn smooth out there, and a big boy too.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I guess the thing with Tangradi is that he always "looks" better than he actually plays. He's damn smooth out there, and a big boy too.

Even if he doesn't live up to potential, I'm fairly confident that he'll be an upgrade over our current top six options. Comrie is bad and Dupuis shouldn't be in the top six. If he can just be a physical presence in front of the net and be responsible in the defensive zone, I think that'll be enough.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I'll take a Dustin Penner with more physicality on this team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yep. it's not an insult.

still, though, to get to that level something has to "click" for this kid that just hasn't yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad