The best undrafted free agents signed by Montreal

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
There's one guy that was a former captain of the Kelowna Rockets, forgot his name though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know David Desharnais and Andre Benoit were 2 undrafted free agents by Montreal but that's all I know.

I post this in another thread where I listed all the undrafted FA's the Habs have signed, I didn't include anyone signed to just AHL contracts.

NCAA,

Yann Danis (ECAC), Mike Condon (ECAC), Daniel Carr (ECAC), Brock Trotter (WCHA), Brendon Nash (ECAC), Hunter Bishop (CCHA).

Euro,

Andreas Engqvist (Swe), Janne Lahti (Fin), Mikael Johansson (Swe), Alain Berger (Swiss, OHL), Robert Mayer (Swiss, QMJHL), Diaz (Swiss), Sekac (Czech)

CHL,

Dany Masse (Q), Jack Nevins (Q), Stefan Fournier (Q), Frederic St. Denis (Q), Philippe Lefebvre (Q), Cedrick Desjardins (Q), David Desharnais (Q), Thomas Beauregard (Q, can't remember if he got an NHL or AHL contract), Andre Benoit (O), Francis Lemieux (Q), Olivier Michaud (Q),

And CHL FA's that were drafted but not signed by their NHL team thus becoming FA's,

Peter Delmas (Q), JP Cote (Q)

So DD, Sekac, Desjardins, Diaz, Condon, Carr are the best of the group.

Last edited:

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I post this in another thread where I listed all the undrafted FA's the Habs have signed, I didn't include anyone signed to just AHL contracts.

So DD, Desjardins, Diaz, Condon, Carr are the best of the group.

Was that a while ago or did you forget Sekac?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Was that a while ago or did you forget Sekac?

forgot to add him to the list.

I blame Timmins for missing all these guys the first time.
:help:

Well for most of them I wonder how the heck they were able to get an NHL contract. Berger, Lefebvre, Mayer, Michaud, Lemieux, Masse (who I liked in Hamilton), Lahti, Johansson, Bishop (injuries got in the way) not sure what they saw in most of these guys.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Well for most of them I wonder how the heck they were able to get an NHL contract. Berger, Lefebvre, Mayer, Michaud, Lemieux, Masse (who I liked in Hamilton), Lahti, Johansson, Bishop (injuries got in the way) not sure what they saw in most of these guys.

There are bigger mysteries like how did Loic Lacasse get drafted.. and then how the hell did they sign him?

patsbury

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal or Drummond

Media pressure after seeing Riendeau and McNicoll being signed by Boston and Colorado, respectively. He was pretty much the only one unsigned in the Q, and well he came out as the best of the 3 in pro-hockey, but that is not saying much.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
That guy there who scored some goals, got some points. He was the best. Remember that goal he scored where the puck went into the net? That was a nice goal.

There are bigger mysteries like how did Loic Lacasse get drafted.. and then how the hell did they sign him?

Believe it or not. I have Loic Lacasse's autograph, along with, Pavel Valentenko's and Kirk Muller's on one of my Hab jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad