The Best QF Matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
What do you think, guys, what is the best and most exciting QF matchup?

FIN-USA
RUS-CAN
SWE-SWI
SLO-CZE

As a homer, I am picking Russia-Canada. Although, I realize that Slovakia vs Czech Republic game will be great also.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
I believe some neutral observer would find Canada-Russia as the best, altough all three big hockey power matcups will propably be good games. Switzerland-Sweden will be boring, as Swiss have no chance in hell.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Noutaja said:
I believe some neutral observer would find Canada-Russia as the best, altough all three big hockey power matcups will propably be good games. Switzerland-Sweden will be boring, as Swiss have no chance in hell.

Don't be to sure about that. Sweden is coached by an idiot. Has an old and slow team and the best defenseman is sitting in the stands.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Czech against Slovakia and Canada vs. Russia for sure.
Finland - USA a step behind the 2 top games.

Sweden against Swiss will be boring game with not a lot of chances. Sweden will win, but not in the easy way. It will be a though game with a victory for sweden like 3:1 or 2:1.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
The only way the quarters could have been better is if the Swedes were to play the Finns as well. 3 huge international rivalries all in one day.

Then, if Canada and the US were to advance, another big rivalry in the semis. Or the Russians and the Czechs.

Anyway, best-on-best Canada-Russia? Hard to beat that.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
The Canada Russia game will be a classic (no shoot-out please! :eek: ).

I have anticipated Czech / Slovak match-ups in the past, but they generally turn out to be let-downs.

I actually think the States outplayed the Russians. Esche was crap. I think they'll beat the Finns by a goal.

Sweden can sit Forsberg and cruise to the semis.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Its a sad day for russian fan. I think they will not win vs. canada. I think canada will want it more then the russian players.

5-2 ( + empty net) so 6-2

shawn_kemp*

Tomorrow's upsets :

USA beats Finland in the shootout

then, Switzerland shuts out Sweden 2-0 (not really an upset since Switzerland is seeded 2nd)

Canada blows out Russia

Czech Republic makes Slovakia regret that they're not 1 country anymore!

:D

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
This sucks for russia they are the 2nd best team this year and will have to get kicked out early. :propeller

shawn_kemp*

Nova88 said:
This sucks for russia they are the 2nd best team this year and will have to get kicked out early. :propeller

maybe it's a new start for us, who knows, maybe there is a God

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Shurimor said:
What do you think, guys, what is the best and most exciting QF matchup?

FIN-USA
RUS-CAN
SWE-SWI
SLO-CZE

As a homer, I am picking Russia-Canada. Although, I realize that Slovakia vs Czech Republic game will be great also.

The matchup of the one country (Czechoslovakia) split into two. The atmosphere should be electric. Still not as electric as USA-Russia was in Salt Lake though. Russia-Canada should be great too.

Someone actually thinks Russia will get blown out by Canada tommorow? :biglaugh: If the Canadians win, I'll be surprised, because Russia is on a major roll.

USA will lose to Finland by a 1 or 2 goal margin. The Americans can't hit the net if they ran into it.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Russia - Canada by a mile, because it is a real clash of styles, of schools, whereas Czechs and Slovaks were coached by the same people, and play the same style. As far as animosity, I know all about based on certain former USSR republics, and it is just petty, brothers fighting brothers. It'll be a good game, but Russia - Canada is a classic.

What is all this negativity and fatalism by Russian fans? This is a dream to play Canada... I think the guns will be blazing tomorrow, you had better appreciate the chance to see a game like that! Canada is a known quantity - and I want to see what team Russia is made of tomorrow...

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Noutaja said:

Remeber Belaurs??

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I just dont see Canada beating Russia right now. Russia is playing way to well and Canada well Canada is a whole nother story.

I look forward to the Czech Slovakia match up. I hope Budaj continues his solid play.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
I just want to make a point stating that RUS brought 6 players from the Superleague; Meaning that Canada should have brought 6 guys from Europe as well :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad