Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Continue

OK Everyone.

Now would be a good time for each of you to review the site rules.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

The Avalounge is not a place for you folks to attack each other.
Do not demean fans of other teams (or our team!) if they choose to join in the conversations.
This is not a place to spam just to build your post count. It doesn't matter who posted how many times in the thread -- it's not a competition!
It's not a place to push the boundaries with the mods!
Be nice, or you will be thread-banned, get infractions, and/or whatever other measures need to be taken.
This is not a place for lascivious or lewd posts, or other sexual innuendo.
Do not try to push threads to maximum posts possible. If the thread hits 1000, start a new one (I'm seriously considering deleting everything after 1000 in the Avalounge, just to put an end to this nonsense).
This is not an all-inclusive list!

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Can anyone explain what happened? I only see bits and pieces if reference on twitter.

Shermy lost it after the loss last night.

I haven't looked into it but from what's to be gathered, it's a political thing versus a pure rampage.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Can anyone explain what happened? I only see bits and pieces if reference on twitter.

We are unsure of exact details but to the best of my knowledge:

A soldier who was standing guard (largely ceremonial I think) at the war memorial was shot. From there it is believed the gunman made his way to the Parliament buildings and somehow made his way in, shot a security guard and got close very close to the rooms where Parliament members and even the Prime Minister were. The suspect was shot and killed inside.

There was reports of shooting at at least 2 other nearby locations leading us to believe that there are multiple gunmen though they may be backtracking on all this now.

All of downtown Ottawa is in lockdown while authorities search building by building.

The soldier who was shot at the war memorial has since succumbed to his injuries.

It's the Canadian equivalent of a gunman in the White House. I have no idea how he could have gotten that far.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The whole situation in Ottawa is crazy. From what I have read and seen, it seems it could have been a lot worse.

Ugh the time always drags right before you go on vacation... the last hour has felt like 5.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Going anywhere special?

For me... not so much. For the GF... absolutely. We are just road tripping the PNW for the next week and hitting up a couple football games. I went to school up there, so I have been everywhere we are going many times. She has never been to Washington, Idaho, or Oregon so she is off the wall excited. :laugh:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
For me... not so much. For the GF... absolutely. We are just road tripping the PNW for the next week and hitting up a couple football games. I went to school up there, so I have been everywhere we are going many times. She has never been to Washington, Idaho, or Oregon so she is off the wall excited. :laugh:

She's excited about Idaho? :huh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Nice, I'm sure it will be beautiful up there. I like combining sports with travel too. Hope you enjoy!

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
On a scale of one to ten, how ugly is my avatar?

as ugly as this jersey
ap-steelers-redskins-football-4_3.jpg

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Eww Big Ben.

Ceremony always has the worst avatars on HF tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce