OT: The Avalounge: The Young and the Restless and Bubba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Got a hefty raise today!! Good timing as we just purchased our first house. If only they knew how much time I spent on here :laugh:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Also. From the last thread. First time in a long time I haven't been top 3.

ydOE7Ux.png

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I got invited to an online analytical test via a work application I did.
What do those usually entail? I'm gonna have 40 minutes to do that.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Been running through it for a month or so now, but just finished re-watching Parks & Recs for the 2nd time. Hits me in literally, all the feels.

Parks and Rec was truly one of the better comedies to come along in quite some time. The casting was absolutely nailed for everyone, most of all Offerman as Ron Swanson.

The Series Finale should be a template for how shows, especially comedies, end. It was funny, true to the characters, but still had sad moments, and they didn't have to resort to a cheap/reeking of desperation death of a character to do so *coughHIMYMcough*

As a viewer, you're "sad" because it's ending, because you're no longer going to see what happens to these characters (although P&R got it right with the time-jump to see how everyone ends up), rather than being forced to be sad because of a death that seemed forced and unnecessary.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So today... being the young professional I am, I tend to have to go to a few meet and greet sort of events (and try to skip as many as possible... because I really ****** hate them). One is coming up on Friday for a new coworking space in town. Well, I was talking to an old buddy of mine and somehow the event came up and through the conversation it slipped in an old crush of mine is going to be there. Of course I didn't say anything, but just took note. Her and I haven't seen each other in probably 10 years, but now I am suddenly motivated to go to one of these dumb things. Only problem... probably a 75% chance the ex is there at the event.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Parks and rec is one of my all time faves for sure. I watched the first two seasons like 5 times before the third season dropped. Usually those types of shows fizzle out but it stayed relatively strong throughout. Also a huge fan of 30 Rock. Same kind of "smart person" sitcom where half the jokes go over dumb people's heads

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Parks and Rec was truly one of the better comedies to come along in quite some time. The casting was absolutely nailed for everyone, most of all Offerman as Ron Swanson.

The Series Finale should be a template for how shows, especially comedies, end. It was funny, true to the characters, but still had sad moments, and they didn't have to resort to a cheap/reeking of desperation death of a character to do so *coughHIMYMcough*

As a viewer, you're "sad" because it's ending, because you're no longer going to see what happens to these characters (although P&R got it right with the time-jump to see how everyone ends up), rather than being forced to be sad because of a death that seemed forced and unnecessary.

Agreed. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of the jump forward and finish all the stories in a single episode type finale. I suppose it's natural, but virtually every show does it. And while I didn't like HIMYM's ending, at the very least they bucked the trend and did something different.

On another note, finally finally finally, season 6 of Archer is on Netflix. Been waiting for a year for it to drop.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

I finally came to the realization that Parks is my fav. comedy of all time. I make it a point to watch the entire series at least once a year. Its just so good and sweet natured and makes me feel great. The show is my prozac.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I feel like I am going to be in this thread more than most others for a few weeks. Taking a peak elsewhere left me frustrated, so many people reacting to the Avs loss as if it were all over.

So, I just learned tonight what I have been experiencing my whole life when I go to sleep (not all the time, just occasionally). Thank you reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik..._what_is_that_feeling_when_the_room_suddenly/

Basically, I tend to space out/feel disconnected from my body. As if my mind is floating in a vast emptiness and the emptiness just keeps growing. Sometimes I feel like something is coming towards me and I must escape and it has been a large ball like those people described. It has always been worse when feverish, but not exclusive. Had it happen tonight and decided to dig, probably done it before and forgot. Very odd how the mind can work sometimes, anyone else ever experience this sensation?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
So, I was supposed to have a phone interview at 10 AM for a potential job switch, and it's 10:45 and no calls yet. Not quite sure how to handle this. Confirmed over email with them about 10 days ago.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So... I get my first haircut in 2 years (my hair was getting pretty damn long) and the first question I get asked from my CEO... when is the interview? :shakehead

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Does he know you are single now ;)

Oh yeah... The funny thing about that is, he is kind of my boss and my ex's boss. He runs the board of a development authority that she is going to be executive director of soon. He knows more about the situation than 99% of the people we know.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
He obviously want you gone so he can try to get with your ex then :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad