OT: The Avalounge: Slam a Revolving Door, Get a Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Being hungover on a school day is pretty cool.

We had a party on a Thursday once in high school. I remember the economics class at 10. Sipped on a soda and trembled the whole way. Thankfully it was a "tradition" and the teacher was cool with it. She was like "If I had a Red Bull and an Advil, how does the demand change if you have a party on a Thursday?"

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
pDGC1-12183323v380.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm like 0 for 6 on XL coffee but 3 for 3 on anything smaller. Weird since usually people assume the larger sizes have better odds.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Haven't studies shown that taking Vitamin C actually does nothing at all to prevent a cold. Especially once you already have it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I tried that Zycam once and legit thought I was going to have a heart attack. My heart was racing so bad I had to take a cold bath and made my husband stay awake all night because I thought I was going to die in my sleep. Those Cold Eze cough drops seem to help.

Super sad I cant enjoy this Tim Hortons epicness with you guys.

Ruiner058

Mar 2, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA

If only I could afford that many sets of tires...

Also, as far as I know - Vit C administered after the onset of illness has no proven effect on reducing the length of time you feel sick with a cold or the severity of symptoms. But w/e makes you feel better... as long as it's not impeding any actual medical care, is fine with most doctors. That said, OTC (over the counter) NSAIDs (non steroidal anti inflammatory drug) and what not may be used to treat some symptoms - and if it lasts longer than a few days, consider seeing your doctor. The biggest thing to NOT do, is to take antibiotics for a run of the mill cold. We have enough resistant strains running around now that if people actually knew more about it, they'd be pretty terrified. On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have the resurgent anti-vax movement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad