OT: The Avalounge: No Witty Title Available (mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
As long as we stay away from the Nazi thing... :nod:
You do realize one side calls the other Nazis and that a certain pos participated in campaigns that were aimed at gathering support for Donbass separatists in which Ukrainian forces were depicted as blood thirsty killers?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You do realize one side calls the other Nazis and that a certain pos participated in campaigns that were aimed at gathering support for Donbass separatists in which Ukrainian forces were depicted as blood thirsty killers?
You do realize anytime Nazi's are brought up we end up in a cycle of whataboutisms?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
My bad. I should've gone with the usual way of taking a thread in a direction it's not supposed to go, which is to bring up a random food so we can argue.

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is still the best fast food chicken sandwich out there.

Burritos, pitas, donairs, etc. are pretty overrated. They're often just a soggy mess.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My bad. I should've gone with the usual way of taking a thread in a direction it's not supposed to go, which is to bring up a random food so we can argue.

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is still the best fast food chicken sandwich out there.

Burritos, pitas, donairs, etc. are pretty overrated. They're often just a soggy mess.

Reactions: Avs_19

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Did I kick your dog on accident or something? :laugh:

We all know it was no accident.

I'd rather discuss Nazis with that unnecessarily angry poster than have any further conversation with you after these statements. Talk about a guns blazing hot take. :sarcasm:

Reactions: henchman21

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
I am a 3rd generation Ukrainian. Here are 2 messages to share from my second cousin Krystyna.

2/27
Hi,
I’ve had Whats up uninstalled on my phone, so I only just saw the message,
We are in Lviv at home, we had thought to move somewhere, but Oleg and Yura are 19 already, so they can’t cross the border
And it’s very difficult to do it now, we have queues for a couple of days
We feel a little safer here to compare to rest of Ukraine, as for now we didn’t have any bad things happened in our city. But we have alarms about air danger a few times a day. We have a lot of people that are coming to Lviv and/or trying to go abroad. So all we can do now it’s helping them with places to sleep and food. We have a lot of men willing to go military forces or territorial defense. We don’t have enough bulletproof vests and helmets for all them.
News says we have mobilized 100 thousand of people and now they are coming to help. And a stories from people who I know, they came to be a volunteers in military forces, but had as answer: “ we will call you, currently there are enough people”
At this moment the negotiations are started, we don’t have a lot of hope on it, but Ukraine should try. We are proud how our army and president act, so we have a big hope, that we won’t lose our freedom. Ukraine became so united, as never was.

2/28
We can text here, it’s the best way
We have everything, all internet connection and food,
Even fuel and can take cash from the cards. Maybe it’s because we are far from main conflict cities, so people are at the streets and even more cars than usually, a lot of people moved here during this days. So today I even met a traffic.
Lilia, Igor, Oksanka, Yura are in Grandma’s apartment, near us. And we have all basic needs.
If war will come closer, they want me, Oksanka and Mykola(he has 17, so can cross the border) move abroad, all the rest can move to grandma’s village in Lviv region. But we hope there won’t be any need for it
About Olya, Lida and family, They might be in Berezhzi, but I’m not sure for 100%, I’ll ask mam and let you know
As for now, we have everything, but if we need anything, we will let you know
Thank you so much for support!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I am a 3rd generation Ukrainian. Here are 2 messages to share from my second cousin Krystyna.

If your family needs help let me know. My in-laws live in Moldova. Although I’m not sure Moldova will be safe either - they only have 10,000 troops. We have told my in-laws to go to Romania if something happens there.

Reactions: Snow Arc

Snow Arc

Aug 14, 2020
Apparently to Ukrainian fighters took out a good number of columns today.

Ghost of Kiev has 10 confirmed kills.

These planes might seal the deal as long as the training is light.

Fact-checking website Snopes says the "Ghost of Kyiv" could be a real pilot, but videos on social media showing a dogfight in which a Ukrainian jet shoots down a Russian aircraft is definitely fake, as the video is from an air combat simulation game called "DCS".

Snow Arc

Aug 14, 2020
I'm with @dahrougem2 that all of this anti-Russian stuff is another form of cancel culture in disguise.
I disagree, respectfully... the goal of many types of sanctions are to make to the population of the target country feel economic discomfort, with the hopes of eroding popular support.

Anyone who thinks Russia doesn't deserve what they get have their heads so far up Tucker Carlson's ass they can smell Sean Hannity. As far as sanctioning hockey players and such, I don't see the point.

Snow Arc

Aug 14, 2020
If your family needs help let me know. My in-laws live in Moldova. Although I’m not sure Moldova will be safe either - they only have 10,000 troops. We have told my in-laws to go to Romania if something happens there.
Thank you for that. Here is an excerpt from the Minneapolis Star Tribune about Ukrainians marching in support:

'Among the march of more than 500 people was 28-year-old Andrei Mitreanu of Moldova, who said his family fled to Minnesota from his homeland because of the Russian army. He carried a giant American flag in one hand and the Ukrainian flag in the other.
"There's still Russian army over there, they still control a lot of stuff in my country in Moldova," he said. "And they're still shooting from that territory, which officially is Moldova, but it's controlled by Russia. A lot of refugees from Ukraine in the past three days come to Moldova. But we are afraid that this crazy guy [Putin] might get in Moldova again."'

Snow Arc

Aug 14, 2020
Some of you seem to have more detailed insights than are being released in most mainstream reporting on Ukraine. Out of curiosity, where are you seeing the best reporting being done on the war? I know reporting isn't perfect during war time but would like to know of some good places to look for info.
The Guardian, BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad