OT: The Avalounge: Hey! You! Get Offa My Lawn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Can you guys in Denver do me a favor and see if any of you are eligible for gigabit through Centurylink?

https://www.centurylink.com/fiber/

Only person I know of lives up in fort collins. I'd like to get some insight into Denver availability.

Thanks!

Highlands Ranch probably has it. I used to work for Qwest/Century Tel and we laid a crazy amount of fiber there because fiber was the rage in the late 1990s and Highlands Ranch was being built at that time (not to mention it was very close to the network center so new products etc were always being tested in that subdivision out of our 14 state region). The fiber was only to the curb though, not exactly to the home. But if there was one place in Denver that had it, Highlands Ranch would be the place.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Hey Sherm, wanna make an avatar for that Oiler mod for next season? Could have a brainstorming session in this thread to put some humor into.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Simpsons marathon on FXX right now. Uncommon opinion: I enjoy newer seasons of the Simpsons.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Shermy, you're getting destroyed on Sunday.

Yeah they RBs are going to get pumped by the Stamps... I'm going to the game :laugh:

I'm not really paying attention to the Riders this year. Though I saw they bought a billboard right outside your stadium that says Green is the new Orange. Pretty funny.

Hey Sherm, wanna make an avatar for that Oiler mod for next season? Could have a brainstorming session in this thread to put some humor into.

I can give it a try. My computer is on it's last legs so I'm not sure is photoshop will work. Start throwing around some ideas though. What's this for again?

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
In Michigan (f the wings) and am going to a big mall tomorrow (Somerset Collection, seems douchey). Anyways I'd like to get some nice clothes but not crazy 50+ for a T-shirt type clothes. Would Macy's and Nordstrom have what I'm after? Never been to either. Reviews? Don't get to shop in the states much but I'd like to take advantage of some of these stores that are nowhere near my hometown (We legit have American eagle and Aeropostale.....that's about it). Although AME does have some nice pants it seems, and the stuff that doesn't have their logos plastered everywhere might be ok.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd go for Macy's over Nordstroms. I looked up that mall and definitely don't go to Saks or Niemen. Nordstroms is a bit stuffy and will get expensive. Macy's has a good variety, there is more of a dad section and then more of a younger men's section and then more of a designer section. They have some decent sales so I'd look there first, even the designer collections get marked down pretty well. Their stuff is usually pretty nice without getting into logo stuff. Couple other places to try are Banana Republic and Express. Both a bit on the higher end but not crazy (I'm sure comparable to American Eagle). Express more for dress/going out shirts, Banana more for professional looking nice polo and button down shirts (not dad clothes though). Macys will have everything plus even more casual stuff.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I can give it a try. My computer is on it's last legs so I'm not sure is photoshop will work. Start throwing around some ideas though. What's this for again?

It's that Landeskog/RNH bet. He has to use a Landy avatar for a month, that's all the 'rules'.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I posted in the old thread but did not get a satisfying answer:

I'm hoping someone can better explain how relative plus/minus works. According to this site, it is calculated by:

(plus/minus of when the player is on the ice / [plus/minus when the player is on the ice + plus/minus when the player is off it])

First of all, this doesn't seem correct. Even if it is, it's a terrible way of expressing it. The denominator in that equation, [plus/minus when the player is on the ice + plus/minus when the player is off it], isn't that just equal to the team's goal differential? Well discounting powerplay goals I guess. And what if it's zero (which should be the average value)? Then you simply can't calculate relative +/- any more?

And lastly it doesn't seem to account for the sign of the +/-. Say a player's team rating was +2, and he was a +10. Simple enough, his rel. rating is 5.0 (I think).
But what if your team is a -5, and you're +3. Same difference, but suddenly you're relative rating is -0.6. Makes no sense.

Just using the difference instead of quotient seems to make more sense. Someone should straighten this out for me :help:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I wouldn't go quite into the crude segment with Landy taking a leak on RNH.

Could make it a RNH avatar with a white t-shirt saying "I heart Landy" or a picture of Landy winning the Calder decked out... I'm not too sure. Just not that crude, since I wouldn't appreciate if he asked me to do the same.

We have sometime til next season to brainstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad