OT: The Avalounge: Henchy's going for the fourpeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've won the last 3 threads! Getting a head start on #4! :yo: :help:

tumblr_lznu8bQVzN1r5yari.gif~c200

Oh it wasn't that bad... the worst thing that ever happened was waking up one morning and she was on the bed. I've woken up to worse.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Sorry to barge in on your discussion, but Green Day released the single.

Had very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
Sounds decent actually.

Don't know how to link straight to specific facebook posts. Only released it there.

And now we return to regular programming

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I used to be the avalounge King. Since I graduated I don't spend nearly as much time on my computer. I'll try and win back my throne this time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Think positive guys. If enough of us push for it, the whole thread will hit max too fast for Henchy to get that many posts.

I was just going to say, this will be the quickest lounge thread of all time. :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I might even be kind and give you guys a head start through the weekend (or I just might be too drunk from tomorrow until sunday).

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Well I am headed to bed, and this is a long weekend (Queen's birthday / Mother's Day tomorrow), so it wont be much of a head start for me.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It took me 450 days upon graduating to finally get a job/career in my field. I applied to over 500 jobs throughout those 450+ days, continuously looked to make my resume look nicer, tailor cover letters, and how do I get this job? Because the supervisor who hired me is best friends with my father-in-law.

It's great to have connections, and I'm thankful to have a career at the age of 22 that is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, but man education is becoming less and less valued these days. It's like it didn't matter whether or not I have my degree, all I needed was to know someone who knows someone and poof, in.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Long story here.

Got to work at 5:45 AM this morning and parked behind another car. Got things going in the brewery and day seemed like it would flow along just fine. 6 or so rolls around and I hear a thump. I thought it was someone trying to open the brewery doors, so finished a few things up and went to investigate. Turns out, someone in a 4Runner had rammed into the car that I parked behind and sent that car into mine. I caught a glimpse of someone quickly walking away, but otherwise saw nobody. Holy crap. I starred at the mess for a minute. Went back into the brewery to stabilize some of the processes I had going. I go outside to take a look, my car is all sorts of screwed up, the car in-front of mine is in bad shape as well, and of course the 4runner is all screwed up. Still nobody around. I run back into the brewery to work on a few other things. I mean, I have a job to do at the time all of this is happening. Come back out after a few minutes and someone who had passed by in his car is on the phone with the cops. Firetruck arrives and leaves in about 30 seconds. Cops finally show up 15 minutes later. All the info I can get from the car that hit us is an expired insurance statement. an hour later, my car is being towed away. Through this all, I'm running back and forth trying to do my job and talk to the cops at the same time. At no point did the human filth that hit my car show his face. Who the hell does that?

Thankfully, I should have a rental car paid by insurance in an hour or so and the claim has already begun. My 08 Corolla isn't worth much, so 100 bucks says it's totaled. Sucks because while I had planned to replace it in a year and a half, I really don't know how I'm going to do so now. I hope I can find a car under 2 or 3 grand to get me by through that time, but it might be though. Seriously... some freaking people.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It took me 450 days upon graduating to finally get a job/career in my field. I applied to over 500 jobs throughout those 450+ days, continuously looked to make my resume look nicer, tailor cover letters, and how do I get this job? Because the supervisor who hired me is best friends with my father-in-law.

It's great to have connections, and I'm thankful to have a career at the age of 22 that is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, but man education is becoming less and less valued these days. It's like it didn't matter whether or not I have my degree, all I needed was to know someone who knows someone and poof, in.

A masters is the new bachelors, a bachelors is the new high school diploma. Years ago a bachelors separated people, now it just equals the playing field.

Long story here.

Got to work at 5:45 AM this morning and parked behind another car. Got things going in the brewery and day seemed like it would flow along just fine. 6 or so rolls around and I hear a thump. I thought it was someone trying to open the brewery doors, so finished a few things up and went to investigate. Turns out, someone in a 4Runner had rammed into the car that I parked behind and sent that car into mine. I caught a glimpse of someone quickly walking away, but otherwise saw nobody. Holy crap. I starred at the mess for a minute. Went back into the brewery to stabilize some of the processes I had going. I go outside to take a look, my car is all sorts of screwed up, the car in-front of mine is in bad shape as well, and of course the 4runner is all screwed up. Still nobody around. I run back into the brewery to work on a few other things. I mean, I have a job to do at the time all of this is happening. Come back out after a few minutes and someone who had passed by in his car is on the phone with the cops. Firetruck arrives and leaves in about 30 seconds. Cops finally show up 15 minutes later. All the info I can get from the car that hit us is an expired insurance statement. an hour later, my car is being towed away. Through this all, I'm running back and forth trying to do my job and talk to the cops at the same time. At no point did the human filth that hit my car show his face. Who the hell does that?

Thankfully, I should have a rental car paid by insurance in an hour or so and the claim has already begun. My 08 Corolla isn't worth much, so 100 bucks says it's totaled. Sucks because while I had planned to replace it in a year and a half, I really don't know how I'm going to do so now. I hope I can find a car under 2 or 3 grand to get me by through that time, but it might be though. Seriously... some freaking people.

I'm going to guess at that time, somebody was hammered and didn't want the DUI.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
A masters is the new bachelors, a bachelors is the new high school diploma. Years ago a bachelors separated people, now it just equals the playing field.

I'm going to guess at that time, somebody was hammered and didn't want the DUI.

Oh no doubt. It's either that, or they jacked the car.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

This is pretty much the truth. I believe education is important but it should be for the sake of education, not as a means to finding a job. It helps to have some but it's not the primary consideration.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Considering almost half the people I know don't utilize their degrees in their jobs backs up your ideas TV.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
EnQTceu.png

From the last thread. First time I've been that low on an Avalounge since I can remember...
JWK's peak is so good, we might have to put him in the HOF. One of the most elite posters in his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad