OT: The Avalounge: Don't Pull RockLobster's Finger[MOD warning in the OP ].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
All the branches have the same minimum of 18, or 17 with parents permission.

Navy allows enlistment to 34, AF caps at 27, USMC at 28, and Army at 35. So you are 35?

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I always forget Coast Guard. I shouldn't, but I do.

Big part of it depends on what you want to do. If you want to go into one of the under-served professions, a waiver is not hard, especially as young as you are. I went through boot camp with a 33 year old, and he did fine.

But not all branches have all the jobs. Nothing submarines in the Air Force, and no medical personnel in the Marines (they borrow Navy folks to do it). Pick a job you want, figure out which branches offer it, and if they would do a waiver for you in the MOS, and go with the one that best suits you. If you want easy, go AF. You want travel, Navy is the best bet (though all are good for it). Pride in your branch...Marines.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Hockey's back! What's in the drink menu.
I am drinking templeton rye whiskey, neat.
Then I may grab a dry dock pumpkin beer. Or just more whiskey haven't decided yet.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
So you're going to miss out on Doc Emrick's annoying voice, big deal.

Just wish I could turn on the TV and have hockey so I don't have to search for a stream.

Decided to take the next couple days off from drinking because my hand hurts like a ***** and this cold is seriously kicking my ass.

Really want to feel better by friday since I'm heading home for the weekend to go the home opener :yo:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I don't like the taste of alcohol so I mix vodka with stuff since it's a very neutral spirit.

I used to hate liquor taste but loved beer. But I can only have beer almost never so I had to get into something so now i can do whiskey. Everything else makes me hate everything. Tequila especially

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Dry dock imperial pumpkin ale is FAR too pumpkiny. But it tastes awesome when mixed with left hand milk stout.
I hate mixing beer because I have integrity, but this is bomb and the worth the sick later. Highly recommend

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Dry dock imperial pumpkin ale is FAR too pumpkiny. But it tastes awesome when mixed with left hand milk stout.
I hate mixing beer because I have integrity, but this is bomb and the worth the sick later. Highly recommend

Mixing beers can be amazing. Got a brewery down here that will mix their imperial IPA and their stout. So crazy good.

Last edited:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Mixing beers and be amazing. Got a brewery down here that will mix their imperial IPA and their stout. So crazy good.

This is the first time I've ever liked it. I'm pretty simple with beer. Beer cocktails are pretty hip right now. I HATE when cocktails have beer and liquor. That's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad