Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You better take this blasphemy down!

Also Carolina should be #1 by a mile.
Even the middle-aged guys who wrote the article agreed that one didn't get nearly enough love.

I'd never heard that one before but that's a GREAT goal song.

Nashville is literally called "Music City" and picks about the blandest possible tune to celebrate their goals, and to make matters worse they merge it halfway through with a Black Keys tune for no good reason.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Not a huge surprise, the Avs are ranked dead last out of 29 teams (the ones with individual goal songs--which is a TERRIBLE idea BTW--were not included).

I mean, the emphasis isn't really on the goal song, but I still wish they'd pick something that's not so generic and not so Steve Aoki either.
I don't get it. I don't think chase the sun is one of the best but it's on the upper tier of the league. Are these clowns seriously saying that the goal tunes by the Leafs and Oilers for an example are better give me a f***ing break lol.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't get it. I don't think chase the sun is one of the best but it's on the upper tier of the league. Are these clowns seriously saying that the goal tunes by the Leafs and Oilers for an example are better give me a f***ing break lol.
It’s just soooooo generic but really, all the DJ is looking for is finding a way to get everyone to say “Hey!” “Whoa!” “Ooooo!” or some variation thereof. I don’t have a huge issue with the song I just wish they’d pick something a little more fun. Of course the last time they picked a well known artist, they had their worst season ever.

Too bad Gary Glitter is such a scumbag. Rock and Roll, Part II is the best in-arena song ever.

Reactions: katfude

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Kind of off topic, but last night I was watching the Rangers/Hurricanes game and they started playing All The Small Things towards the end, and It was just like, could you not? I feel embarrassed for other teams that use it now.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Too bad Gary Glitter is such a scumbag. Rock and Roll, Part II is the best in-arena song ever.
It sucks compared to Chase the sun. Sorry. R&Rpt2 is like the most generic thing out there after Zombie nation. Cringe. Those two are almost as bad as the Chelsea Dagger.

I'm kinda surprised no-one in NA (at least that I know of) has done I will survive. It's plenty popular in Europe. And works as a goal song if you want a tune that the crowd can get into

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Even the middle-aged guys who wrote the article agreed that one didn't get nearly enough love.

I'd never heard that one before but that's a GREAT goal song.

Nashville is literally called "Music City" and picks about the blandest possible tune to celebrate their goals, and to make matters worse they merge it halfway through with a Black Keys tune for no good reason.
They should have used this:

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Chase The Sun will forever be stapled as the goal song of an era where we won the cup.

I actually love it! It works.

I love Rock n Roll pt.2 too for equally obvious reasons.

Changing the goal song now? No way bro. I'd align it with the next rebuild. Keep the vibe now while we're at this window.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Someone posted immigrant song earlier and it’s just too perfect. If you move on from something you won the cup with, at least let me shout that vocal at the top of my lungs with thousands of other people.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Why not use a song with a band we’re already affiliated with with our cup win. It also shares the “part 2” with the song of our past cup wins.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
How the hell is lil guitar riff and a snare drum even remotely hype enough?

I like that song, but cmon.

giphy.gif

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
I know I'm late to the conversation here, but I like the player picks their own goal song thing. anything to get some more personality out of players, the NHL is terrible at this.

tornadowarning33

Feb 15, 2018
I know I'm late to the conversation here, but I like the player picks their own goal song thing. anything to get some more personality out of players, the NHL is terrible at this.
It's a fun idea up until a goal mouth scramble ends with the puck in the net and no one in the moment knows who touched it last. Or a guy gets credit for a tip-in but after looking at video for five minutes the scorer changes it to the original shooter instead.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
C'mooon. Goals are #1 for teams, #2 for players.
Goal songs should never ever everrr be played for players.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No, it's a proven fact that hockey players have the worst taste in music outside of 12-year-old white girls, and players generally don't know what songs cater best to pump up a arena crowd. Triple T, the guy who DJs Avs games and came up with the whole Blink-182 tradition in the first place, has been very vocal on social media as to why he opposes the idea.

The lack of personality among hockey players is precisely why you should not let them pick the music.

The fact that no individual player really under this system has a goal song worth talking about sorta proves it's a bad idea.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I say we use a Justin Bieber song until every US NHL fan hates his ass and demands he be deported. There, a bunch of problems solved.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Columbus proves to have a tin ear again not using this as their goal song especially since the Deals are from Ohio.

Of course, Kim is probably more intimidating than the Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad