The Avalanche all enforcer/goon/agitator team

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Doing the numbers game you start to remember the Avs employed a lot of tough players/dirty players/pest players. Who would make your goon team and why?

Simon-ricci-Lemieux.
Avs didn't have a lot of centres that fit the description, ricci was quite the pain to play against. Lemieux was a skilled player with the dirty rep. Simon feared and could score. 96 cup connection as well

Tucker-hinote-barnaby
Wish we had tucker and barnaby in their prime. Hinote was an all time fav agitator.

Rychel-hunter-odgers
Great fourth line on the 99 team Combined pims is a lifetime in the box.

Worrell-may-Parker
Probably the three most entertaining enforcers that have worn the Avs jersey. Two huge heavyweights and the most hated player to wear the Avs jersey.

Kasparaitis-marchment
Watch your knees fellas

Leroux-koci
D/fourth line plugs

Mcallister-belak
Some big boys that could throw them

Roy As the goalie of course lol

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Some ideas:
Forsberg: 540PIM in 544games, averages more than Ricci (and others on the list), and was pretty dirty with some of his elbows, etc.
Foote: forearm shiver anyone? Vice Marchment
Dingman: Primary enforcer for a year or two. Vice Tucker (who was less than PIM/G)
McLeod: All time leading PIMs Vice Hunter
Deadmarsh: Fighter with skill Vice Barnaby
Lappy: how was he missed? Vice May
Brent Severyn: 193/66 in 1996/97 Vice Kasparitis

I would pull Hunter (only 12 games and 17 PIMs as an Av), and a few of the others that did not have 20+ games, so never really felt like Avs. A couple of those definitely have the rep to be on the list, but not sure if anyone ever thinks of them as Avs. But that is just my opinion. If others think of them that way, so be it.

Also, I have no issues putting skilled guys on a list like this...part of what made Forsberg so great was his ability to play in such a way as to throw the other team off their game. He was good enough to do it with skill, bt could also do it with thuggery. Deader was a beast, in the crease and dropping the gloves.

End up with a squad that may not be the most famous names, but not (many) rentals.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I'd take out of this team Ricci, Hinote, May and Leroux

and insert Gratton, Laperriere, Mcleod and Boughner

Bordeleau and Downie could make the team as well. as healthy scratches or in the starting lineup.

HM for Dingman.

off- I found funny you put Kasparaitis and Marchment as a pairing because that's exactly what I always did when playing NHL games in the past. In every save game I'd trade to get these guys on the team and put them together (just for the lulz). once I roll an Avs with McCabe - Mclaren, Kasparaitis - Marchment and Laus - McSorley. funny. :laugh:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
My list -

Lemieux-Forsberg-Deadmarsh
McLeod-Lappy-Hinote
Rychel-Ricci-Odgers
Hunter-Simon-Parker

Foote-Kasparitis
Leroux-Marchment
Severyn-Koci

Roy

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Bordy could go toe to toe with any of those guys, I think he makes it. Even if his service length isn't that long. Actually decent 4th liner too unlike some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad