The Athletic

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
People aksed whether it's good and worth the subscription, I do like it, and they have a great deal right now, great incentive: 1 year subscription and a pair of Babsocks.

babsocks.jpg

https://theathletic.com/checkout/?plan_id=39&c=11&pc=babsocks

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Damnit, I subscribed forever ago but would have appreciated the Babsocks. My blue pair were a hit at the office :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im not sure what to think.

Like yesterday they had an article which was essentially "The Leafs PK stinks"

....which of course is factually incorrect (they are currently 9th, and have been as high as top 3). Its no better then clickbait. The author (Dellow) made a huge argument about how bad Ben Smith and Gauthier are on the PK (which is fair, they are) but ignored the part about how they were replaced by Boyle and that Gauthier is now back in the AHL and Smith is undergoing surgery.

So I dont know what to think.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I wish Mirtle and company the best of luck....but I'm not sure the quality is so high that it's worth actually subscribing to. Certainly the Babsocks are nice but....

Will just enjoy what free articles pop up.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Unreal, I finally did the subscribing...one day before the Babsocks deal. Good thing I got a pair for secret santa at work lol

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Im not sure what to think.

Like yesterday they had an article which was essentially "The Leafs PK stinks"

....which of course is factually incorrect (they are currently 9th, and have been as high as top 3). Its no better then clickbait. The author (Dellow) made a huge argument about how bad Ben Smith and Gauthier are on the PK (which is fair, they are) but ignored the part about how they were replaced by Boyle and that Gauthier is now back in the AHL and Smith is undergoing surgery.

So I dont know what to think.

It's been bad since the turn of the calendar.

Saying it stinks is accurately reflects current state.

Also I'm pissed about how early adopters got screwed over. I've seen a price slash and this Babsocks deal come after my subscription.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
No way would I ever pay for the ******** this market spews out. Its all the same, same info just different dressing.

Unless its a lifetime supply of Babsocks, I will never pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad