Prospect Info: The Athletic ranks Rangers as 11th best system

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I would be ecstatic to be able to book that Zib won't get 65 points.

You obviously get that this “book it” was rather my hopeful prediction rather than a guarantee (the rest was a bit of sarcasm re. how it’s often used here). It’s different for example from when we were discussing whether JTM be able to repeat after his first 20-goal season. Getting to 65 would be a significant increase in production compared to any season he’s had so far. However during the past two seasons Zibanejad was able to get on a couple of runs that, if projected over the whole season would’ve gotten him to where I’m projecting him. These runs were interrupted by injuries or a season end. He finished last season very well after a prolonged finding form after a concussion, that was punctuated by his performance at WC where he was the best forward for the champion Sweden. My opinion is that if he manages to stay healthy there is no way he’d miss 65.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You obviously get that this “book it” was rather my hopeful prediction rather than a guarantee (the rest was a bit of sarcasm re. how it’s often used here). It’s different for example from when we were discussing whether JTM be able to repeat after his first 20-goal season. Getting to 65 would be a significant increase in production compared to any season he’s had so far. However during the past two seasons Zibanejad was able to get on a couple of runs that, if projected over the whole season would’ve gotten him to where I’m projecting him. These runs were interrupted by injuries or a season end. He finished last season very well after a prolonged finding form after a concussion, that was punctuated by his performance at WC where he was the best forward for the champion Sweden. My opinion is that if he manages to stay healthy there is no way he’d miss 65.

On one hand you said ...."my hopeful prediction rather than a guarantee"

Then you said ...."My opinion is that if he manages to stay healthy there is no way he’d miss 65"

Those 2 statements are kind of incompatible.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
On one hand you said ...."my hopeful prediction rather than a guarantee"

Then you said ...."My opinion is that if he manages to stay healthy there is no way he’d miss 65"

Those 2 statements are kind of incompatible.

First, He’s been injured a lot. If there’s something I’m not going to say book it is that he’d be able to stay healthy.

Second condition is that his linemates generally stay healthy too and Quinn keeps them together. There could be a situation where the Rangers would have just one - KZB line going - and Quinn might decided to spit them to address roster needs elsewhere.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
First, He’s been injured a lot. If there’s something I’m not going to say book it is that he’d be able to stay healthy.

Second condition is that his linemates generally stay healthy too and Quinn keeps them together. There could be a situation where the Rangers would have just one - KZB line going - and Quinn might decided to spit them to address roster needs elsewhere.
So, if all the stars line up perfectly, Zib will get over 65 points. In other words, the chances of it happening are somewhere between slim and none.

Most forwards in the NHL hit their peak by their 4th season and before they are 25. Zib is entering his 8th season in the NHL, including 7 whole ones.

I would rather trade Zib as part of the current rebuild than wait for a breakout that is unlikely to ever occur.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So, if all the stars line up perfectly, Zib will get over 65 points. In other words, the chances of it happening are somewhere between slim and none.

Most forwards in the NHL hit their peak by their 4th season and before they are 25. Zib is entering his 8th season in the NHL, including 7 whole ones.

I would rather trade Zib as part of the current rebuild than wait for a breakout that is unlikely to ever occur.

Slim to none? Well, you’re entitled to your opinion. Who you’d rather have Ziba at $5m and change or Hayes at $6m and change? And please don’t tell me neither.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Slim to none? Well, you’re entitled to your opinion. Who you’d rather have Ziba at $5m and change or Hayes at $6m and change? And please don’t tell me neither.

The 1 mil difference is not significant enough to care. Zika makes me worried, look what just happened with Nash, he still did not sign with any team. How many concussions has Zika had in his career so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad