The Assassination of Cale Makar by the Coward Kyle Okposo

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Just bad timing, didn't see any malice from Okposo or cross-checking. Makar health.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The Avs broadcast crew repeatedly stated "cross-check square in the numbers". It continued during the 2nd intermission with JM Liles concurring, while sipping orange juice in his wine cellar.

I guess you see what you want to see when your all-world defenseman goes awkwardly into the boards.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
In all seriousness, Makar slows down right in front of him. f*** off, KO don’t move that quick no more.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Cale Makar on the play:
"I think a lot of it’s on me, just going back slow, no effort. ... I tried to take a stride in front and I don’t know if I caught myself or what happened but the next thing I knew I was just sliding into the boards."
I was thinking similar. One thought I had was that Makar sure was lazy on the play.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
I was only a few feet away in 3rd row when this happened. It happened fast but watching so close it was pretty clear that Okposo didn’t plan to launch him like that. Accident

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

One of those moments where you won’t forget where you were. If the NHL cared about player safety they would outlaw the gently placed glove.

1698685749150.png

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Do you see how Makar's head goes back and to the left before he hits the boards? I believe there was a second crosschecker, on the grassy knoll behind the Zamboni entrance.
I never bought into the magic check from behind theory pushed by the mainstream hockey media. Okposo is only a patsy. Wake up sheeple.

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The only thing funnier than all the Avs fans on Twitter still carrying on about this…is the slew of them who think their team of tough guys will take care of this when they play again. The team whose immediate response was to have MacKinnon cry his way to 12 minutes in penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad