OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I've used Vue since it launched, it's great. Can confirm you get NHL network (2 channels), NFL, NBA, and MLB network included. I don't have any add on packs. Just the core pack for 55 a month.

FS1,2, both FSAZ channels. NBC and NBCSN

No problems with it, very occasional buffer or 3 second repeat.
Do you have a PS console? They say you don't need a console for the service. Also says you can cast it to a Chromecast or a Roku (we have both). Currently with YouTube TV, but a little disappointed with the sports offerings there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Do you have a PS console? They say you don't need a console for the service. Also says you can cast it to a Chromecast or a Roku (we have both). Currently with YouTube TV, but a little disappointed with the sports offerings there.

I use it with a PS4 so the UI is really fast and the controller is setup well, no experience with it otherwise than using it through a PC.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
PS Vue apparently has a plan that includes FSA, FSA+, NBCSN, and NHLN. I'm going to think about canceling Hulu (I'm still in my free trial) to get Vue instead.
Those are the only four channels I want. I want them with DVR and no spoilers. Can I get that?

Also, I haven’t played a video game in 14 years. Does that matter?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Those are the only four channels I want. I want them with DVR and no spoilers. Can I get that?

Also, I haven’t played a video game in 14 years. Does that matter?

PS Vue does not require you to own a console, so you're fine on the second one. I don't use Vue or even the DVR function of Hulu yet so I can't really answer about the DVR and no spoilers part though. Introduction | FAQ | PlayStation™Vue your reading comprehension of their FAQ page is as good as mine probably. It looks to me personally like you'd be okay. The package that includes those four channels is $54.99 a month (the "Core" package). The Hulu package that I'm going to stick with because I decided ultimately that I don't care about NHL Network is $44.99 a month.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
US Supreme Court dismissed the case today against AZSTA over using rental car taxes (approved by public vote in 2000) to fund sports facilities within the state.

The ASC had overturned a Maricopa County judge who had ruled the tax was unconstitutional due to a law stating transportation taxes could only be used for transportation projects.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
YouTube TV.

I've used Vue since it launched, it's great. Can confirm you get NHL network (2 channels), NFL, NBA, and MLB network included. I don't have any add on packs. Just the core pack for 55 a month.

FS1,2, both FSAZ channels. NBC and NBCSN

No problems with it, very occasional buffer or 3 second repeat.

If you've DVR'd a program, can you fast forward through the ads? Any known exceptions? Also can you watch what you're DVR'ing before it's finished (e.g. Coyotes game is currently in the 3rd period and I want to start watching the 1st period)?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If you've DVR'd a program, can you fast forward through the ads? Any known exceptions? Also can you watch what you're DVR'ing before it's finished (e.g. Coyotes game is currently in the 3rd period and I want to start watching the 1st period)?

Don't know about Vue, but on YTTV not only can you fast-forward through ads on DVRed shows, it fast-forwards in helpful 15 second increments. Makes it very easy to skip commercial breaks. And yes, every show you add to your recording list gives you the option to either watch live, watch from start, or watch from last watch, depending on context.

The only bad thing about YTTV that I know of is that sometimes, because of their deals with the broadcast networks, after a certain amount of time your DVR recording of certain TV series episodes will be supplanted by the network's official streaming version (ABC is one of the worst of these), which has pre-programmed ad breaks that you can't skip. BUT - as far as I've seen, anyway - you can still access your recorded version and manually skip the ads - you just have to go to the episode in the guide and choose SELECT RECORDING and it will give you the option.

But having unlimited DVR and recordings kept for a year is simply fantastic.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If YTTV had NHLN, I wouldn’t have Cox today. That said, I’m paying all of $10 more/mo for Cox than I otherwise would be

YTTV subscribers can submit requests for certain channels - I've been sending one for NHLN every month for a year.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
i just picked up fubo to watch the coyotes games. not happy with their fwd and rwd functions. but i don’t like the fact that yttv doesn’t have a&e.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Don't know about Vue, but on YTTV not only can you fast-forward through ads on DVRed shows, it fast-forwards in helpful 15 second increments. Makes it very easy to skip commercial breaks. And yes, every show you add to your recording list gives you the option to either watch live, watch from start, or watch from last watch, depending on context.

The only bad thing about YTTV that I know of is that sometimes, because of their deals with the broadcast networks, after a certain amount of time your DVR recording of certain TV series episodes will be supplanted by the network's official streaming version (ABC is one of the worst of these), which has pre-programmed ad breaks that you can't skip. BUT - as far as I've seen, anyway - you can still access your recorded version and manually skip the ads - you just have to go to the episode in the guide and choose SELECT RECORDING and it will give you the option.

But having unlimited DVR and recordings kept for a year is simply fantastic.
That sounds reasonable although the loss of NHL Network would suck, I really like NHL Tonight, pretty much the only sports show I watch with any regularity. I absolutely detest Google but I may have to give this some thought.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
i just picked up fubo to watch the coyotes games. not happy with their fwd and rwd functions. but i don’t like the fact that yttv doesn’t have a&e.
I hear Fubo TV specializes in sports. I do like they have both Big10 and Pac12 network but no NHL Network kind of sucks and you have to get their Ultra package if you want 3 simultaneous streams. I heard where Fubo really shines is soccer coverage for those who are into that.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Anyone have experience with dogtopia?

I’ve been living out of a suit case the last few weeks and My girlfriend is going back to work soon, so I might need to drop my dog off there to keep her occupied.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Biznasty is trying to become the Paris Hilton of Hockey. He wants to be famous for being famous. His NHL career was surely not illustrious. His on air analysis is ok but does not reach legend status. He's trying to pull a Paris Hilton.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Biznasty is trying to become the Paris Hilton of Hockey. He wants to be famous for being famous. His NHL career was surely not illustrious. His on air analysis is ok but does not reach legend status. He's trying to pull a Paris Hilton.
cloud3.jpg

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

He has a huge following, and a lot of people listen to him. Coyotes need to keep taking advantage of it while he is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad