The Annual Tank Thread 2014-15

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Because it's never too early for a good tank.

B4OhGmF.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Discuss.

* This post may or may not contain sarcasm *

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
This could easily turn into terrible stretch of games. Lost 4 in a row and 5 of 6, and next they'll face Calgary who destroyed Montreal at Bell Centre tonight.

After that it's the inevitable loss away at 'hawks.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
If McDavid is a generational talent like some say he is, then surely he will have no problem transitioning into a top-flight goaltender for us when we get him.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
The odds of getting McDavid or Eichel aren't any good unless you can REALLY suck, and we can't out-suck Buffalo...so tanking for a solid prospect, but not a game changer doesn't sound like any fun.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The odds of getting McDavid or Eichel aren't any good unless you can REALLY suck, and we can't out-suck Buffalo...so tanking for a solid prospect, but not a game changer doesn't sound like any fun.

Don't underestimate us! We're on a roll right now.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City

I feel like McDavid's and Eichel's stardom has made other 2015 prospects underappreciated. Oliver Kylington and Noah Hanifin and Dylan Strome and Travis Konecny are game changers.

Burakovsky95*

Not concerned. We'll make playoffs as a 7 or 8 and go out in likely the 1st round.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
There is no tanking here. To tank you have to be a good team first. Take away the loser point and shout wins and this team should have been a lottery team the past two seasons.

I think Tortz is the right guy and on the right track. It’s just he has to fix problems that were started way back in the BB days. It’s going to be a long road.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Too early for tank talk. This team needs a boot in the ass first, then some roster moves, then rum for Jobu, THEN a big fat tank.

toolboy

Aug 1, 2005
I'm all in on tanking. It makes watching the games easier. However, I think the team is too good to suck that hard. Unless people start getting hurt...

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Too early for tank talk. This team needs a boot in the ass first, then some roster moves, then rum for Jobu, THEN a big fat tank.

Could you imagine the prospects that McPhee could have traded away if we had tanked earlier in the season the last 7 years? It is never too early to tank. The good teams begin in July.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad