The Angry Video Game Nerd

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I am actually in the process of re-watching all of these, but not in any order, just bouncing around. Big Rigs had me howling. I tried getting into some of their other stuff, like movie reviews, but I struggled.

I might have to check out some of these other reviewers people rave about.

The "Monster Madness" reviews are fun, but his video game reviews are definitely leagues better than his movie reviews.

I'll definitely stick to the Nostalgia Critic for those.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't know if his content went downhill persay. What i think happened is the series became more...constructive.

Instead of just hurling out as many obscenities as possible within a 10 minute video, he actually reviews the game a lot more in-depth now. It's a bizarre, but okay change imo,
His early videos actually were always constructive. They just got more and more vulgar until eventually the quality suffered, until he kind of reeled it back in and let more of his real personality bleed into the character, now his quality is a lot better.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Weird to say, but I honestly look forward to the "James & Mike Monday's" skits where they are just being real people more than I do to anything he ever does nerd wise anymore

Also, his movie reviews when he is not the nerd are also amazing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I wanted to bump this because im curious. When AVGN was making his early videos, who here thought it was real and it wasn't acting?

Its weird but I didn't understand it was a character for a really long time. Its funny because theres a interview on youtube where he calls into opie and anthony cause one of them was a big gamer and loved his videos, even played them on the show, and they are so thrown off by the fact that he was nothing like in the videos. Even those guys thought it was real.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Cool to see James and mike evolve from avgn and playing characters to just playing video games and still super good friends.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I wanted to bump this because im curious. When AVGN was making his early videos, who here thought it was real and it wasn't acting?

Its weird but I didn't understand it was a character for a really long time. Its funny because theres a interview on youtube where he calls into opie and anthony cause one of them was a big gamer and loved his videos, even played them on the show, and they are so thrown off by the fact that he was nothing like in the videos. Even those guys thought it was real.

Not me.

Even at a young age, there was something about the character that made it clear to me that it was just that. Probably the gratuitous amounts of swearing he did. :laugh:

What probably helped is the fact he was already branching into his love for film in his early days and those videos were a stark contrast from AVGN.

Love the guy even if i don't watch his videos anymore. A dude who clearly puts effort into his content (though AVGN has fallen off a bit as he moves more into film based stuff) and loves what he does. Nothing but respect.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
hes definitely not as crude and angry as he used to be. hes getting old now and probably doesn't enjoy it as much now. I get it. everyone grows up lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00