The All-Purpose 6th Overall Discussion Thread PT IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Ritchie or Nylander.

Have to swing for the fences. Either go with the power forward with the potential to be a force, or go with the most purely skilled player available.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Ritchie has the potential to be the next dominant power forward in the league.

Sure, just like Nylander has 100 point potential and Ehlers has electric all-star potential. You gotta try and propject who reaches what. Ritchie couldnt even muster up a PPG in the playoffs as an 18 year old and as consistency issues - I've got a lot of doubts with him.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sure, just like Nylander has 100 point potential and Ehlers has electric all-star potential. You gotta try and propject who reaches what. Ritchie couldnt even muster up a PPG in the playoffs as an 18 year old and as consistency issues - I've got a lot of doubts with him.

And looks like Big Country.

I don't want to be constantly reminded of that dark time in my life.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
That sportsnet article which seems completely way off base about torontos offer not being good enough for number 1 also has this. Take it for what its worth.

"As Marek noted, he knows of one scout who had pronounced Ritchie No. 1 overall. I know another who, if trusting his gut rather than heeding his GM, would do the same. I also know two other scouts who had Ritchie at No. 2.

But insert the asterisk here: It is making the rounds that one team has Ritchie 18th on its list. As bad as it sounds, it’s worse than you think—most scouts consider this a shallow draft, maybe only 16-deep."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draft/kadri-package-not-enough-to-get-no-1/

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Just an update of public opinion

Phase 1. Ritchie
Phase 2. Ehlers
Phase 3. Nylander
Phase 4. Virtanen
Now: we don't know.

Sounds good. Not happy that there isn't a solidified #6, but at least we know we're getting a solid prospect.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Ritchie put the Petes on his back to beat the Fronts.

I have doubts on him too, but his playoff performance certainly doesn't make me second guess him.

arsmaster*

PPG arguments, cool!

Watch game 5-7 against the Frontenacs. Kid put the team on his back. Scored the series clincher.

You're as bad as y2k with his irrational Nylander hate with your Ritchie hate.

Edit ^ bleach clean. You have an echo. Lol

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
PPG arguments, cool!

Watch game 5-7 against the Frontenacs. Kid put the team on his back. Scored the series clincher.

You're as bad as y2k with his irrational Nylander hate with your Ritchie hate.

Edit ^ bleach clean. You have an echo. Lol

My Nylander hate isn't irrational.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
That sportsnet article which seems completely way off base about torontos offer not being good enough for number 1 also has this. Take it for what its worth.

"As Marek noted, he knows of one scout who had pronounced Ritchie No. 1 overall. I know another who, if trusting his gut rather than heeding his GM, would do the same. I also know two other scouts who had Ritchie at No. 2.

But insert the asterisk here: It is making the rounds that one team has Ritchie 18th on its list. As bad as it sounds, it’s worse than you think—most scouts consider this a shallow draft, maybe only 16-deep."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draft/kadri-package-not-enough-to-get-no-1/

holy **** that entire article, top to bottom, is garbage

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Why? Because you disagree with it?

Ritchie is the real deal.

no, because most of the **** there is nonsense. ritchie at #1 is insane.

"But insert the asterisk here: It is making the rounds that one team has Ritchie 18th on its list. As bad as it sounds, it’s worse than you think—most scouts consider this a shallow draft, maybe only 16-deep."

what the **** is this? either the implication is that this idiot mystery team said both statements, in which its Dramatic Hyperbole like you'd see in a hollywood trailer or they're taking the one team that has a massive outlier in their scouting and then pretending it just meshes with the rest of the scouts in the league that ostensibly have the dude at considerably more reasonable spots

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
no, because most of the **** there is nonsense. ritchie at #1 is insane.

"But insert the asterisk here: It is making the rounds that one team has Ritchie 18th on its list. As bad as it sounds, it’s worse than you think—most scouts consider this a shallow draft, maybe only 16-deep."

what the **** is this? either the implication is that this idiot mystery team said both statements, in which its Dramatic Hyperbole like you'd see in a hollywood trailer or they're taking the one team that has a massive outlier in their scouting and then pretending it just meshes with the rest of the scouts in the league that ostensibly have the dude at considerably more reasonable spots

I don't know if I agree that Ritchie @ #1 is "insane"... But personally I don't think he's the best player in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad