The All Purpose 2014-15 Flyers Goaltending Thread

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
I think Mason played very well Vs BOS in game one & was a major reason we even had a chance late ....

vs NJD in game 2, think there was a shaky one, but Mason had little chance on most of them.

thougts ?

will Emery play vs MON tonite ??

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
ugh. that 2nd MON goal [when Emery didn't catch it & fell forward] ...... ugh . gotta either catch it or be in position for the 2nd save. you cant sell out & not catch the first one ...

like the breakaway saves though. probably deserved a better fate, tough collapse by the team in the 3rd

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So far, goaltending has been the only non-issue through all 3 games.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The only criticism I had of Emery that game was his puck handling... he had 2-3 poor turnovers when there were men free.

He is not bad usually at handling the puck.

However, behind the D, Berube, reffing etc that is pretty far down the reasons they lost. He made some superb saves in the 3rd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mason shouldn't be starting both ends of back to backs.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So I expect Mason to get Dallas and Pittsburgh, with Emery playing against Chicago.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Anyone else notice that Mason has been getting abused glove side high since the preseason?

Nearly all of the goals he's conceded since the preseason have been glove side high, and teams seem to be shooting to that spot constantly (for example, all of the Ducks' shootout efforts were aimed gloveside high).

I am definitely concerned that teams have figured out a weakness.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else notice that Mason has been getting abused glove side high since the preseason?

Nearly all of the goals he's conceded since the preseason have been glove side high, and teams seem to be shooting to that spot constantly (for example, all of the Ducks' shootout efforts were aimed gloveside high).

I am definitely concerned that teams have figured out a weakness.

They did it all last year. His glove is inconsistent.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The one really bad goal he's given up was on the other side. The 5th goal by NJ.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
DID NOT like the goal against vs ANA where he seemed to not notice the guy to his left and he just moved to the right ...

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Just got my hands on Meet the Flyers 2010, and I figured I'd post a blast from the past.

TIX4uh7.jpg

DID NOT like the goal against vs ANA where he seemed to not notice the guy to his left and he just moved to the right ...
Who, Beleskey? It's hard to say what he should've done on that goal, but I think Andersen looked more solid on the other end of the rink.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
stupid by berube to pull mason in stars game....emery looked sketchy as hell...but dont think it was fair to either goalie. lucky that decision didnt bite him in the ass.

overall i think mason is least of our worries.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's not stupid to pull the starter when the team is not playing defense in front of him. Leaving Mason in for 5 or 6 goals like he did against NJ helps no one.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
stupid by berube to pull mason in stars game....emery looked sketchy as hell...but dont think it was fair to either goalie. lucky that decision didnt bite him in the ass.

overall i think mason is least of our worries.

I think that had less to do with Mason's play then it did with making the team realize that they have to play better. Maybe they're too confident when Mason is in so they make mistakes expecting him to bail them out, whereas with Emery they know that he can't move left to right so they have to play smarter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad