The All Encompassing Evander Kane Thread IV [MOD WARNING IN OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1827601

Moderator note: do NOT attack other posters. Critique the posts, not the posters. Anyone not abiding by this will be infracted and removed from the discussion - too much clean-up required in the last thread.

From Jet, from the previous thread:

ONE WARNING:

Any more racism talk, you will be threadbanned and given an infraction. Not a warning, an infraction. There is ZERO tolerance on this.

Also, we are all VERY opinionated and understandingly worked up about this but any flaming, trolling, or sniping will get you booted out of the thread as well.

We're all Jets fans. Please remember that

If you want to discuss racism in the NHL, take it to the Politics forum - it's far too political to discuss on local boards.

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Kane out means no playoff teams want him. We quality roster players in return and no playoff team will give that up for a sidelined player.

Derfel*

Kane out 4-6 months... which on the long end puts him ready for conditioning in early August. What sort of trade are we going to make in August? Is there ever an opportunity to trade an injured player?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No way the Jets get best value during the season. They lose a top forward for the playoff run. The bottom-6 is now bottom of the barrel in the league, and it will cost a lot in futures to make it decent (adding a decent 3rd line RW won't cut it now that Kane is gone).

As a fan and STH I'll have to be content that the Jets have a good "room", as I watch Stuart, Thorburn, etc. bumble around the ice.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kane out means no playoff teams want him. We quality roster players in return and no playoff team will give that up for a sidelined player.

Buffalo would be the perfect trade partner, as someone else was mentioning. They could take a flyer on Kane, and remove NHL ready players from the line-up to solidify their tank position.

Just not sure there's anything that we'd be interested in, outside of the prospects and picks that they covet.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Yeah, I can't see how trading Kane while injured, and in the middle of this controversy would result in any reasonable offers.

Let him deal with the shoulder, see if things blow over, and check the offers in the off-season.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
You're probably right, but I'd like to hear both sides of the story. Right now Kane is getting completely ripped coast-to-coast, and hasn't shared his side of the story. At the very least, I'd like to hear the sequence of events.

I don't really care what the sequence of events were - Kane comes out as a loser here. Not bad enough he has to continuously keep attracting attention to himself & his ego with the money shots and publicity stunts,...

When he deliberately shows up at the rink in a track suit, its says one of two things:
a) I was at a a party or sleep-over all night & didn't have time to go home & get my suit, or
b) I don't give a dam about your rules -- I make my own.

He challenged the system & lost. Be assured he has challenged it many times before. Mgmt has certainly had enough of his antics; the guys also decided enough was enough.

The rest is history -- don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. Buff may not have been completely right to take it on himself to do what he did, but someone from the team needed to put Kane in his place & Buff did.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Hopefully he'll get back in time for the SC finals...:sarcasm:

Really, the question now becomes was the surgery decision a result of the happenings in Vancouver, or would it have been made regardless. Or was his decision not to play in Vancouver due to this injury

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Had thought they'd make the deal now, and both sides would be happy with the divorce. Odd.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Buffalo would be the perfect trade partner, as someone else was mentioning. They could take a flyer on Kane, and remove NHL ready players from the line-up to solidify their tank position.

Just not sure there's anything that we'd be interested in, outside of the prospects and picks that they covet.

Thing is I think they already have that on lockdown, and any further assets they lose would just dig them a deeper hole to get out of later.

I'd sure like Myers though.

Derfel*

Had thought they'd make the deal now, and both sides would be happy with the divorce. Odd.

My guess would be that teams made offers that Chevy didn't like or thought wasn't fair, and Kane was told as much... so he shut it down. That, or the doctors couldn't give Kane a healthy "bill of sale" for the teams that asked for it, so instead they decided to fix the problem for a future deal in the off-season.

Either way, the team loses.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
well...is just great...well, the jets and PoMo have their work cut out for them...and we will see how this team bonds after this incident and loss of a player...they haven't done well previously without him, a loss against Van most recently.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't really care what the sequence of events were - Kane comes out as a loser here. Not bad enough he has to continuously keep attracting attention to himself & his ego with the money shots and publicity stunts,...

When he deliberately shows up at the rink in a track suit, its says one of two things:
a) I was at a a party or sleep-over all night & didn't have time to go home & get my suit, or
b) I don't give a dam about your rules -- I make my own.

He challenged the system & lost. Be assured he has challenged it many times before. Mgmt has certainly had enough of his antics; the guys also decided enough was enough.

The rest is history -- don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. Buff may not have been completely right to take it on himself to do what he did, but someone from the team needed to put Kane in his place & Buff did.

.... still waiting for the "leadership" to put Buff in his place for coming to camp every other season out of shape. Who puts Buff "in his place"?

Players wanted Kane off the team. They got their wish. Chevy gets screwed and fans have to live with a much less competitive team.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Chevy needs to make a move now. Don't think the Jets can hold the playoff position with a Kane-less/no-trade roster ...thoughts?

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Now that Kane is out can the Jets add Burmi when his season is over?
Is his team in the playoff hunt.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Kane out 4-6 months... which on the long end puts him ready for conditioning in early August. What sort of trade are we going to make in August? Is there ever an opportunity to trade an injured player?

Yes. He will have had his surgery and will be recovering nicely. He will be in play in the run up to the draft where he will likely be dealt.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
So he went from able to play, to out for the season with shoulder surgery based on an off-ice issue with teammates.

That confirms what we'd always suspected but I'd hoped wasn't the case: Kane is a loser. Good riddance. Too bad he wasn't traded earlier. But I can't fault Chevy, because I never wanted him gone before either.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Stafford ++

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thing is I think they already have that on lockdown, and any further assets they lose would just dig them a deeper hole to get out of later.

I'd sure like Myers though.

Then how about one of the other teams in the running for the final spot? Maybe one of them want to kick things up a notch. That would leave:

Arizona
Carolina
Columbus
New Jersey
Ottawa
Philly
Toronto

If any of them are looking to truly descend in the rankings, and want to shake things up, this could be the perfect elixer.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This is where I'm at now.

0vqH7xF.gif

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I know you guys want to make a run and Kane is now useless this year (although he has big long term value) I think the CBJ might be one of the few trade fits given our attitude toward next year and our disaster of a season.

Anything interest around something built with...

Artem Anisimov / Cam Atkinson + Kevin Connaughton / Dalton Prout / Cody Goloubef for E. Kane and a conditional pick based on games played next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad