The All Encompassing Evander Kane Thread III MOD WARNING POST #581

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
[mod] I will give you the Cole's Notes version - one hour before the game the team finally got ahold of Kane. One hour. He said he wasn't playing. He gets paid 6 million to play. He didn't bother to "call in sick". The team called his cellphone one hour before the game.

I don't know if you work however if you do I can't imagine your management being happy that they phone you to find out you are "booking off sick".

Pretty sure he "doesn't want to play".

That's a version. It's also being reported that Kane got a call and was told he wasn't
playing that night and went back to the hotel. Just because he told someone that
he wasn't playing that night doesn't mean it was his decision not to play.
It's still unclear if it was Kane or Maurice that decided he was not playing.
Many different rumours are coming out.

seasontixholder*

But we don't know what Kane has done and for how long to turn the ENTIRE dressing room against him. I don't think they are all in the wrong and only Kane is right.

Wheeler and Perrault said it was a unanimous decision and they handled it in the room.

I said it before. Kane is not innocent, but until I hear his side I won't pass judgement. There is lots of parties at fault. It starts at the top and works it way down.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
If I get up in the morning and I'm sick then I call in like 99% of the world. If you can't call in sick then I wouldn't want to work for your company whatsoever. Nobody knows the whole story. People are making comments like Buff is a hero. The same hero that was drunk or high (we don't know for sure) and came to camp in shape once in his Jets career. I like to hear all sides before judgement is made. Just because I am speaking as if I'm on Kane's side, is because I haven't heard his side of the story. I could be calling for his head after 4:15 today like most of the posters if his side is bs.
What you wil hear at 4:15 today will be a narrative that is completely self-serving of Kane by a smart man, who makes literally millions of dollars to protect and defend him.
There will be a whole new level of melodrama after 4:15. Don't expect enlightenment by listening to Oster, while the Jets stay mum.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The entire situation is ****** and poorly handled by all parts.

But we don't know what Kane has done and for how long to turn the ENTIRE dressing room against him. I don't think they are all in the wrong and only Kane is right.

Wheeler and Perrault said it was a unanimous decision and they handled it in the room.

No, and neither do I. As of right now, I'm not taking sides. I don't know what happened, what has happened earlier, or what will happen now.

I do think that this is the end of Kane playing for the Jets, and I think something needs to be done about that sooner rather than later. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna assume anything about the situation, or say that one side was entirely in the wrong.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'll be interested to get the full picture. What if Kane was scratched for the game by Maurice before Buff doused his clothing in cold water? I think we need to hear both sides of the story.

I expect that everyone is going to look pretty petty and unprofessional in this saga, and the franchise and the fans will be the losers.

seasontixholder*

What you wil hear at 4:15 today will be a narrative that is completely self-serving of Kane by a smart man, who makes literally millions of dollars to protect and defend him.
There will be a whole new level of melodrama after 4:15. Don't expect enlightenment by listening to Oster, while the Jets stay mum.

If you are correct and you may very well be. Then Chevy needs to address the media. I understand it's their right to keep silent but it doesn't help anyone, unless Chevy wants to trade him and needs no other team to know what is going on. But I'm sure they would have to disclose it in a trade. I think Chevy royally screwed up on this one.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'll be interested to get the full picture. What if Kane was scratched for the game by Maurice before Buff doused his clothing in cold water? I think we need to hear both sides of the story.

I expect that everyone is going to look pretty petty and unprofessional in this saga, and the franchise and the fans will be the losers.

Yep.:(

Whileee

May 29, 2010

You're probably right, but I'd like to hear both sides of the story. Right now Kane is getting completely ripped coast-to-coast, and hasn't shared his side of the story. At the very least, I'd like to hear the sequence of events.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Listen to this man. :)

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

Craig Oster is from Winnipeg. I'd expect he will be as conciliatory as possible while at the same time stating his client's case. It is what he is paid to do. We may not like what he eventually says, but I'd bet that behind the scenes he has worked closely with Winnipeg management for a few years in an attempt to get Kane in line with the franchise.

Oster definitely won't be the bad guy in this; he is simply an advocate for the wishes of his client.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
This "unanimous decision" thing keeps getting mentioned. But I can't seem to hunt down the actual source interview. Anyone got a link?

@MitchPeacock1: Re Kane: Wheeler & Perreault say team rules are team rules,need to be followed. Players unanimous issue handled in room. #nhljets #cbcmb

@WFPEdTait: #NHLJets Blake Wheeler: "We've lost five straight. I've got bigger things to worry about. I'm worried about trying to win a game tmrw." #bn

@friesensunmedia: #NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go."

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets Mark Stuart was asked if team would welcome Evander Kane back if he was healthy? "Absolutely."

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Uhm... Do you have anything backing up that it is spelled out in Kane's contract what he has to wear to team meetings?

Cause that sounds like baloney to me. According to what you said, it would be a breach of an NHL player's contract to not wear a suit to a team meeting.

Why was Kane the only guy wearing a tracksuit? Why did this offend his teammates?

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets Mark Stuart was asked if team would welcome Evander Kane back if he was healthy? "Absolutely."

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I think this is very likely, Buff could have very well been pissed at Kane for getting scratched for wearing a track suit as opposed to him simply just wearing a track suit.

Kind of like a "thanks a lot, dummy, we kind of needed you" response.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Good.

I think the best scenario for all parties involved is that Kane gets a clean bill of health, busts his ass for a few more games with the Jets, and then gets dealt prior to the deadline.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
@MitchPeacock1: Re Kane: Wheeler & Perreault say team rules are team rules,need to be followed. Players unanimous issue handled in room. #nhljets #cbcmb

@WFPEdTait: #NHLJets Blake Wheeler: "We've lost five straight. I've got bigger things to worry about. I'm worried about trying to win a game tmrw." #bn

@friesensunmedia: #NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go."

Thanks Howard Chuck.

There appears to be some misunderstanding here. The only use of the word "unanimous" is in MitchPeacock1's tweet.

It seems to me some people are interpreting this as "the players unanimously agreed on how to handle Kane", or "the players unanimously agreed that the team rules need to be followed".

Rather, that tweet intended to convey "the players were unanimous that this is a team issue that should be handled out of the public eye".

Deflectrick

Jul 11, 2007
Winnipeg
Why was Kane the only guy wearing a tracksuit? Why did this offend his teammates?

Because they all follow the rules, take their time, dress up. They all do that together, because it's the team rules.

Kane puts on a track suit and rolls in like he's showing up to some vegas club, showing he thinks he's above the teams rules and isn't doing what the rest of his team is doing.

It's kind of a slap in the face to each and every Jet player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad