GDT: THE 2023 FREE AGENT FRENZY!!! Will we see a 2016 repeat of overpayments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'd be looking at Duchene first and foremost. Just from a top 6 perspective, there's no way the guy isn't a 25-30 goal scorer alongside Kucherov, Point, Hagel, etc.

Haven't looked at the entire class as a whole but it seems we may have quite a bit of flexibility with these cheaper options. Just hope we haven't lost the come to Tampa to win edge we had over others. Some solid 1-2 year deals could be huge for us.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'd be looking at Duchene first and foremost. Just from a top 6 perspective, there's no way the guy isn't a 25-30 goal scorer alongside Kucherov, Point, Hagel, etc.

Haven't looked at the entire class as a whole but it seems we may have quite a bit of flexibility with these cheaper options. Just hope we haven't lost the come to Tampa to win edge we had over others. Some solid 1-2 year deals could be huge for us.

Should be a priority, especially since he hasn't won yet and is getting paid out by another team. We lost a TON of offensive support already, we need to add something capable back.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Should be a priority, especially since he hasn't won yet and is getting paid out by another team. We lost a TON of offensive support already, we need to add something capable back.
I agree. He’s already getting paid and can join a winning franchise like us with big TOI guaranteed to bolster the value of his next contract like Shattenkirk did.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
So excited for today!
There's honestly a TON of options for us, especially with the pedigree of winning franchise chasing another Cup.

If JBB plays his cards well, we could honestly end up in a better position than where we were at the start of last season.
Let's get it!!

(Also, LMFAO at Toronto signing Reaves to a multiple year contract. That franchise will really never win another Cup again)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Bolts Jolts is tweeting about having 10-11M in cap space to spend tomorrow if Killorn doesn't return and they dump or bury all of Fleury, Myers and Bogo.

Is this accurate?

If it is then why is signing Killorn such an obstacle? But then again Bolts Jolts keeps speaking OEL into existence with every ounce of concentration they have so I am not wagering they know what they're talking about

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Anybody else's Twitter is down? Can't refresh my timeline

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
If it is then why is signing Killorn such an obstacle? But then again Bolts Jolts keeps speaking OEL into existence with every ounce of concentration they have so I am not wagering they know what they're talking about
I think its more or less, we dont want to pay more than what we feel is reasonable to keep him with the available space. Killer Probably wants close to 5m a year and we probably wont go past 3.5m.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think these buyouts have opened our options significantly. We might actually have an active day. We showed with Shattenkirk we can give a UfA a shot at another payday somewhere else.

Duchene feels like he will be super expensive though. Guy is one year removed from 40. Gotta think there's a 4 or 5m deal out there for him somewhere.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I think these buyouts have opened our options significantly. We might actually have an active day. We showed with Shattenkirk we can give a UfA a shot at another payday somewhere else.

Duchene feels like he will be super expensive though. Guy is one year removed from 40. Gotta think there's a 4 or 5m deal out there for him somewhere.
Duchene now has the chance to finally go and play some relevant hockey for the first time in his career.

If I was him, I'd sign with Tampa asap. We'll see if he cares more about money (that he'll get nonetheless from the buyout) or a chance at winning a Cup

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

If Killorn walks I would consider giving Duchene 4m.

We have a decent pitch. How many guys have we gotten paid the past few years? Coleman, Perry, Cole, Goodrow, Palat, Schenn, Rutta...

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Honestly, Duchene would be the perfect 2C with Stamkos and Paul on the wing, that allows Cirelli to be a 3C with more PK time.

Apparently, Duchene been playing more as a wing recently, which would be even better as it'd allow Stammer to play 2C and be more involved in the play

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Duchene now has the chance to finally go and play some relevant hockey for the first time in his career.

If I was him, I'd sign with Tampa asap. We'll see if he cares more about money (that he'll get nonetheless from the buyout) or a chance at winning a Cup
I dont see him taking the kind of contract we can offer when there will be offers literally 4x as large out there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
OEL has been linked to TB through at least a few insiders. We seem to be the favorite there. That one might come in at noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad