GDT: The 2022 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 13th, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
you realize cap matters at start of season? Cal Foote's contract is 2-way so if he stays down, it doesn't hurt us (I don't believe)

And given that his 2-year, 2-way contract is LESS than the 3-year, 2-way contract signed before, I suspect he stays down or gets traded; either way, the main roster for the BOLTS is not likely changing much more
And, the point remains that Tampa is not 440k under the cap after Seabrook's ltir is used, but 320k over. I highly doubt they send Foote through waivers(if eligible), so once Bogo and/or Cirelli returns, either Myers is moved/sent through waivers, or perhaps there's another move to be made. Since the team has been extremely high on Foote. I doubt they send him down to Syracuse and risk him being claimed(if he is indeed no longer exempt). Edit: Foote is indeed waiver eligible, so no chance Tampa risks losing him for nothing that way.

Last edited:

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Di
And, the point remains that Tampa is not 440k under the cap after Seabrook's ltir is used, but 320k over. I highly doubt they send Foote through waivers(if eligible), so once Bogo and/or Cirelli returns, either Myers is moved/sent through waivers, or perhaps there's another move to be made. Since the team has been extremely high on Foote. I doubt they send him down to Syracuse and risk him being claimed(if he is indeed no longer exempt). Edit: Foote is indeed waiver eligible, so no chance Tampa risks losing him for nothing that way.
Can't they just waive Fleury and try to send him down to Syracuse or Myers (like you mentioned), whoever is providing the least value on the ice, to be compliant once LTIR is up? And that is assuming no one else ends up on LTIR.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Di

Can't they just waive Fleury and try to send him down to Syracuse or Myers (like you mentioned), whoever is providing the least value on the ice, to be compliant once LTIR is up? And that is assuming no one else ends up on LTIR.
Yeah, I'm sure that will be the plan, based on their play and if Tampa intends to try and have any cap space available for any deadline moves.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
All Tampa needs to do is trade BB to be cap compliant with Cirelli and Bogo on regular IR. Move Cirelli to LTIR and call up Fortier/Perbix/Ryfors/Koepke for the time being and then send them down when Cirelli comes back

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Not credible at all but if he does end up in Boston... i vote to not give him a tribute when he comes back

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
f*** this !!! f*** everything... I wake up to this shit..

go f*** yourselves

feels-feel.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The sadness stemming from the Panthers sub makes me feel better about today. Lol.
Omg there board is funny they don’t know how we sign players and they can’t lol

That's disgusting. I don't like either but Boston is pure betrayal. They've been eyeing him for years now.
If he wants to get paid he will go to the devils

There is a path trade killorn and he signs a 1 year deal here lol

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa

With every new quote from BriseBois about the Palat situation, I get the impression he isn't that choked up about it, like it was never in the plan anyway regardless, even after the McDonagh trade and before the two sides started "talking". Like this decision was made months and months ago and nothing was changing it except for Palat agreeing to sign for peanuts which wasn't going to happen. Really wonder what Palat would have been willing to give as a hometown discount.

First McDonagh and now Palat. This has been a gutwrenching last few weeks as a fan, and has to be difficult for a close-knit dressing room.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't have words for how much it sucks that we didn't win that 3rd straight Cup. I already wanted to see us get our contracts in order last year and now it's just like "yikes"

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't have words for how much it sucks that we didn't win that 3rd straight Cup. I already wanted to see us get our contracts in order last year and now it's just like "yikes"
I don't care about the 3peat. This offseason has been worse. I turned the TV off after we lost, sulked for like 3hrs the next day and moved on. I'm agitated losing McD given how today has turned out.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Props to Palat though. Depending on the AAV, i dont see how we could have fit him in especially after the RFA contracts we just handed out. Gonna guess hes getting more than 6m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad