NFL Draft: The 2022 NFL Draft Live Thread: Drafting Las Vegas

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well it certainly means the end of Mason Rudolph. I was expecting them to keep him with Trubisky and Pickett, gotta think he's out now though.
Rudolph was finished there anyways. A 7th round pick doesn’t move anyone’s plans. Just about getting ahead of the UDFA rush

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jaguars took a corner named Gregory Junior from Ouachita Baptist.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brock Purdy deserved to get drafted. I think he can be a backup in this league.

Josh Jobe is undrafted and that’s a big giant WTF

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
27 wide outs taken in this draft. Almost 1 per team. Not including tight ends.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints signed Smoke Monday, who was also undrafted for some reason. Some people had a 5th round grade. Auburn only had 1 guy drafted.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Arguably one of the worst drafting teams during that period. I’ve been hard on Carroll on the organization overall. Some credit is due for the picks they made in this draft. Football is so much different than hockey for drafting, early mid round picks are expected to play from day one in many instances unlike in hockey.

Maybe Wilson leaving was the wakeup call they needed.

As I mentioned, this is the happiest I’ve been with a Seahawks draft in at least the last 5-7+ years.

Lots to like with the players they took and filling the largest needs at tackle and corner with 4 very good players.

A couple more edge players with upside into the stable as well and a home run pick at RB in my opinion. I love the way Walker III runs.

No offense to Russell Wilson, but it looks like the Seahawks were trying to a custom to his needs instead of the team needs. That’s just my feeling, I could be wrong though..

Reactions: sigma six

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No offense to Russell Wilson, but it looks like the Seahawks were trying to a custom to his needs instead of the team needs. That’s just my feeling, I could be wrong though..
I don’t know, he was begging them for years to get him offensive line help and they refused to do it

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t know, he was begging them for years to get him offensive line help and they refused to do it
Hawks drafted Britt in 2014 in round 2. Started at OT, then G, then found his home at C. Ifedi in round 1 back in 2016. Took Odhiambo in round 3. Both Tackles. Drafted Pocic in round 2, a C in 2017 who was built more like a RT than a C at 6'8. Took Lewis a Guard in round 3 in 2020. Pretty much all of the OL that they drafted in the first 2 days of the draft when they had Russ for 9 drafts after they took Russ.

Most glaring decision was in 2017, when they traded down a couple of times and didn't take Ryan Ramcyzk when they moved down the first time. None of the extra picks they got did anything. Sometimes quality is better than quantity. Went with Malik McDowell in round 2, then took Pocic later in round 2.

Traded for Brown midway through the 2017 season IIRC.

So, Britt, Ifedi, Odhiambo, Pocic, Lewis were OL draft picks and Brown was a trade acquisition. Think they also got did some minor moves as well, but in terms of using day 1 and 2 draft picks on OL, that's what they did for 9 seasons worth of draft picks when they had Wilson.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hawks drafted Britt in 2014 in round 2. Started at OT, then G, then found his home at C. Ifedi in round 1 back in 2016. Took Odhiambo in round 3. Both Tackles. Drafted Pocic in round 2, a C in 2017 who was built more like a RT than a C at 6'8. Took Lewis a Guard in round 3 in 2020. Pretty much all of the OL that they drafted in the first 2 days of the draft when they had Russ for 9 drafts after they took Russ.

Most glaring decision was in 2017, when they traded down a couple of times and didn't take Ryan Ramcyzk when they moved down the first time. None of the extra picks they got did anything. Sometimes quality is better than quantity. Went with Malik McDowell in round 2, then took Pocic later in round 2.

Traded for Brown midway through the 2017 season IIRC.

So, Britt, Ifedi, Odhiambo, Pocic, Lewis were OL draft picks and Brown was a trade acquisition. Think they also got did some minor moves as well, but in terms of using day 1 and 2 draft picks on OL, that's what they did for 9 seasons worth of draft picks when they had Wilson.
If they're all bad players that don't really help him though

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If they're all bad players that don't really help him though
combination of players and coaching under Cable.

Britt found his home as a C. Ifedi never developed into a good solid Tackle. That's why they had to trade for Brown. Pocic, his frame was long and lean, like Nate Solder. Having a 6'8 C with a 5'10 QB not a good idea. lacks the girth to be an effective interior Lineman. Had the body of a RT. Idhiambo was more depth. If he couldn't play RT, he also didn't have the girth to kick inside to Guard. Lewis has been a solid starter for them and Brown is a top notch LT.

Still irks me that they passed up taking Ramcyzk in 2017. Going with DT McDowell who got into that ATV accident. Then forced Seattle to trade a 2nd in 2018 for Richardson. Ramcyzk developed into a pro bowl RT for NO.

and they traded Unger for Graham. Horrible deal that messed up chemistry and team make up.
Post automatically merged:

15 players drafted from Georgia is a modern draft record.
Most said that their starting Defence would probably all play in the NFL someday.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
and they traded Unger for Graham. Horrible deal that messed up chemistry and team make up.

This at the time made no sense, the Seahawks didn’t need Graham as Seattle was a running power team. Also Pete system had to have TE block for the majority of snaps. They had viable TE at the time, they didn’t need Jimmy Graham.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
yes they still have Hoyer.

just a wasted pick, even though it seems the patriots have like 30 picks
Not a wasted pick, Stidham in the 4th several years ago was the wasted pick since he’s never been able to grasp the Pats’ O. Stidham will be cut (maybe traded for a future 7th), while Zappe will be QB3 until Hoyer, who’s really only serving as a mentor to the young QBs, calls it quits and officially joins the coaching staff.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not a wasted pick, Stidham in the 4th several years ago was the wasted pick since he’s never been able to grasp the Pats’ O. Stidham will be cut (maybe traded for a future 7th), while Zappe will be QB3 until Hoyer, who’s really only serving as a mentor to the young QBs, calls it quits and officially joins the coaching staff.
He’s not going to play, so yes it is a wasted pick. Patriots already have their QB in Miracle Mac. You don’t need to develop a QB to only be a backup, you can get those anywhere, almost any time you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad