Prospect Info: The 2022 Lightning Development Camp (July 11th - 14th)

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Eamon Powell I projected to hit a Dan Boyle type of player in his ceiling. I like the development of him so far. Hopefully he continues with that trend.

Schmidt I projected as a top pairing as his ceiling. Both of them are on the right path. *Fingers crossed.*

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
A lot of these D prospects are not very well known so I’m trying to understand more about them.

Powell - Who stood out the most in this camp from the D? Sounds like Powell?

Schmidt - how is his skating? What’s his upside in nhl?

Perbix - how did he look?

Forwards:
Usau - I liked him in the clips. But reading mixed reviews. Thoughts on him?

Mismash - how is his skating? Seems a bit slow to me but not sure.

Huuhtanen - how did he look?

Thanks!

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
A lot of these D prospects are not very well known so I’m trying to understand more about them.

Powell - Who stood out the most in this camp from the D? Sounds like Powell?

Schmidt - how is his skating? What’s his upside in nhl?

Perbix - how did he look?

Forwards:
Usau - I liked him in the clips. But reading mixed reviews. Thoughts on him?

Mismash - how is his skating? Seems a bit slow to me but not sure.

Huuhtanen - how did he look?

Thanks!
Powell- He defintely looked good in the 3on3 tournament. shorter dman but very good at moving the puck

Schmidt- Needs to work on his skating a bit more but does skate well for his size. could see him as a 4/5 dman maybe higher being a RHD

Perbix- Has looked fantastic and maybe be a sneaky pick to make opening night roster out of camp

Usau- a bit underwhelming from what ive seen but could also just be the transitioning to NA ice. I'd give him a year or so to get used to it

Mismash- not the fastest but not the slowest. very strong physical guy that isnt scared to drive the net. see him as a Paul type player perhaps?

Huuhtanen- This kid has a tremendous shot and has some serious top 6 potential if he can put it all together. Very physical and playing in Liiga for 2 years will do wonders for the kid as long as he doesnt pull a Lipanov and fail to do anything

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
@Point21Gaming thanks!

How would you compare Powell to Perbix? I get the sense that Powell is more of a Dan Boyle type. But what kind of style does Perbix play? He seems more of a 2-way D maybe? Would you compare him to Cernik in terms of style? If not then to whom?

Thanks.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
@Point21Gaming thanks!

How would you compare Powell to Perbix? I get the sense that Powell is more of a Dan Boyle type. But what kind of style does Perbix play? He seems more of a 2-way D maybe? Would you compare him to Cernik in terms of style? If not then to whom?

Thanks.
Powell is a lesser Dan Boyle and Perbix would be kinda like a Braydon Coburn with a bit more offense to his game

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
@Point21Gaming thanks!

Thanks.
Perbix play style reminds me Ekblad. Good at everything, not great at anything. Not a bad thing at all.

Also Gage looked really good at camp too

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
How did Jack Thompson (D) look? He had a good season last year, I’m excited about this kid. Perbix** too.

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
How did Jack Thompson (D) look? He had a good season last year, I’m excited about this kid. Pernod too.
He has some decent speed, but his offense will be his biggest asset and is very good at moving the puck. will be a breath of fresh air to have that puck moving RHD on the back end for years to come. Another guy that has really impressed me is Declan Carlile. He was easily one of the better dmen in camp. i think a pairing of him and Perbix in Syracuse would be fun to watch.

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
He has some decent speed, but his offense will be his biggest asset and is very good at moving the puck. will be a breath of fresh air to have that puck moving RHD on the back end for years to come. Another guy that has really impressed me is Declan Carlile. He was easily one of the better dmen in camp. i think a pairing of him and Perbix in Syracuse would be fun to watch.
Thanks for the update, I’m excited to see them progress this season

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad