Prospect Info: The 2022 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Wright and Lambert, which player intrigues you the most?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
2022-Draft-Prospects-2_(1)-1628104180-1024.jpg

2022 NHL Draft will take place in Montreal, QC
July 7-8, 2022

NHL Draft Lottery
2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Mock Drafts
2022 NHL Mock Draft | Lines.com
2022 NHL Mock Draft | 2022 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

Bob McKenzie's Rankings
Preliminary: Wright the clear-cut top choice in McKenzie's first 2022 Draft Ranking
Midterm: Wright leaves door open atop TSN's mid-season draft rankings - TSN.ca
Final: Slafkovsky edges Wright for top spot in McKenzie’s final draft ranking - TSN.ca

Craig Button's Rankings
September: Craig Button Shane Wright NHL Draft - TSN.ca
November: Craig’s List: Wright leads forward-heavy Top 10 - TSN.ca
January: Craig’s List: Wright leads forward-heavy Top 10 - TSN.ca
March: Craig's List: Players to watch at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - TSN.ca
May: Craig's List: Wright remains No. 1 in Lottery Day ranking - TSN.ca
Final: 'I never considered another player at No. 1' - Wright locked in atop final Craig's List - TSN.ca

Players:
Database: Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center
CSS - Preliminary: 2022 NHL Draft: Wright among Central Scouting's players to watch
CSS - Midterm: 2022 NHL Draft: Wright tops Central Scouting's midterm rankings
CSS - Final: Wright, Slafkovsky top Central Scouting final 2022 NHL Draft rankings

Colorado Avalanche Draft Picks
2022 NHL Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
1st Round: Gone [to ARI]*
2nd Round: Gone [to NYI]
3rd Round: Gone [to NYR]
4th Round: Gone [DET]
5th Round: Gone [to NYR]
6th Round: Kept
7th Round: Kept

* = Top 10 protected​

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Guess it's time to make this thread, even though we have absolutely nothing to look forward in it :(. Amazing draft by the way, very good year for the Dub, USA, and the Central Europe. Besides the obvious choices, my person favourite players are Lane Hutson at eliteprospects.com , Mattias Hävelid at eliteprospects.com , and David Jiricek at eliteprospects.com (who I voted for in the poll, could be a top 5 prospect in the end). Kemell might be a lad who rises towards the top the most and perhaps surpasses Lambert for 2nd overall. Button, who is a bit weird, has Miroshnichenko and Cooley over Lambert and I am not sure how he came to that conclusion for his preliminary list.

Reactions: Snow Arc

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Yeah I’m gonna hold off voting till I’ve heard of any of there guys. Which based on how strong this draft class is, I expect to vote right before the picks are announced.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
May as well make it the 2023 thread.

The only pick the Avs will make is to take Jack O’Brien.
Lol, sadly that first + Kaut is going to go for Karpisalo, Georgiev, or Primeau when Kuemper asks for a 7.5 x 6 contract pricing himself out of Sakic's structure.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
May as well make it the 2023 thread.

The only pick the Avs will make is to take Jack O’Brien.
If the Avs are interested in him after a good camp why not sign him to an ELC that slides so he can be sent back to juniors, instead of waiting a year to waste a draft pick on him?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Because they hate signing contracts early and giving out signing bonuses on slid contracts.
You'd have thought that with so few picks the next couple of drafts they'd be looking to pick up some guys they like before the draft, even if it costs a little bit, but I guess they feel differently. Or that they simply didn't like him enough to think he was worth signing early which is fine if that's the case.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Cannot expound on "how" Super Joe will do it. But I think he makes another move/trade to regain a first or second round pick in the upcoming draft.

I don't think that'll happen this year. Don't get comp.picks for UFA's in hockey, and, boy, do we have UFA's next year :laugh:

Only one I can think of that is remotely possible is G:eek2:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is this draft deep? Like three rounds deep? Asking for a friendly team.
I'd say there is better depth to this draft than 2021 and probably even 2020... not a super deep draft. I'd say it is 85-95 deep right now (some years push ~115-120). Up top there is a lot of really good talent. Might be the best 1st round since 2015.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'd say there is better depth to this draft than 2021 and probably even 2020... not a super deep draft. I'd say it is 85-95 deep right now (some years push ~115-120). Up top there is a lot of really good talent. Might be the best 1st round since 2015.
Agreed with everything you just said.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Got to watch US ddevelopment team this weekend. Cooley is a great player was by far the best player, all over the place seemed to always make the right play, so good with the puck. Casey on defense was great with the puck too. Nazar also made a lot of good things happen.

Tried to focus on Hejduk but seemed they used him more in a defensive role. Mostly on PK and they used him in the final minutes defending one goal lead.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am a fan of HockeyProspects, but this list doesn't make sense to me. Also, they mention that even though Wright is an amazing prospect, he isn't as talented as other potential 1st overall picks.

1: Shane Wright
2: Conor Geekie
3: Logan Cooley
4: Danila Yurov
5: Owen Pickering
6: Jurag Slafkovsky
7: Frank Nazar
8: Isaac Howard
9: Matthew Savoie
10: Joakim Kemell

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I disagree with that. I think Shane Wright is a very good 1st overall.

I don't get to watch much of the Euro prospects outside of U18s/U20s but seeing Lambert at 20 is rather surprising from where he was a year ago. Apparently he's had a tough start to the year. I'd thought he would be challenging for #1 and was a lock for the top 5.

I know he's getting a lot of hype, but I'd be very underwhelmed with Geekie at #2 from what I've seen so far. There's a solid 5 guys, at least, that are 2023 eligible that I'd rather have.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dear lord... Lambert at 20.... I get the kid hasn't had a hot start, but he's without a doubt a top 5 player in this draft.

Loving the the Cooley hype though... only knock on the kid is his size.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I disagree with that. I think Shane Wright is a very good 1st overall.
I haven't watched Wright play in almost two years due to the pandemic, but (and people have bashed me for this) I am not a fan of his skating. He plays the same way as MacKinnon does with perhaps a bit better scoring prowess, but does not possess Nate's top-end speed or agility. I am not sure if he's as good of a skater as Matthews is either, which is where I would put Wright in terms of talent IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad