Speculation: The 2021 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | April 12th 2021 | 3:00 pm ET

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think FL got better. Boston, Pitt, Washington, and the Islanders got better. Toronto got better. Maybe Edmonton did. Still think Toronto comes out of there. What did Carolina do?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Some really good teams got better. Can't sit here and call us a favorite really, but I'm looking forward to the playoffs. Glad JBB didn't stand pat while other contenders made big moves.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Very few guys have had such trainwreck careers as this.

Glad we sold low on him.

Avoids the 7 day quarantine and collects a paycheck on a 4.8m contract while doing nothing instead of busting his ass for league minimum. Genius.

Jokes aside it's actually the much smarter move for him to get a buyout over contract termination, he'll get a huge chunk of the 2nd year paid out and he already knows teams are interested. Would be leaving a lot of money on the table to help the Rangers who he owes nothing too right now.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Very few guys have had such trainwreck careers as this.

Glad we sold low on him.
To think, we traded him for a piece that would eventually lead us to getting Blake Coleman and a Stanley Cup

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I know we got Savard but I was eyeing Jani Hakanpaa all season, didn't think he'd be available but he went to Carolina today.

He's a big stay at home RHD on a league minimum contract, metrics are pretty much the same as Savards without the brutal -19 while playing the same role, potential target in the off-season maybe.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

WINNER – JULIEN BRISEBOIS
The Tampa Bay Lightning GM came away with one of the crown jewels of the trade deadline in defenseman David Savard and cemented his reputation as a managerial genius. It seemed like this deadline was all about adding to keep up with Tampa, then Tampa goes out and gets one of the most sought-after players in the pool. And they did it in the midst of a salary cap crunch, with BriseBois paving the way for future three-way deals that lessen the cap burden. Brilliant. And getting Nikita Kucherov back for the playoffs gives the Bolts the best deadline acquisition of them all. BriseBois’ next move might be to make sure that party boat is available for a day in late July.

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I like Savard. I think they might slot him with Serga as Heddy is defensively sound. With Kuch coming back soon and Stammer getting some rest, I like our chances.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I know we got Savard but I was eyeing Jani Hakanpaa all season, didn't think he'd be available but he went to Carolina today.

He's a big stay at home RHD on a league minimum contract, metrics are pretty much the same as Savards without the brutal -19 while playing the same role, potential target in the off-season maybe.

Was curious about what Carolina did. Even though FL will be tough, I think Carolina will be tougher. I think they will be tougher than any series we had last year.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I don't understand the Florida love at all. Gusev was released because he was bad, Bennett has been shopped for a few years now for not being great, and the rest of the parts they added just seems... average.

Reactions: Hoek

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't understand the Florida love at all. Gusev was released because he was bad, Bennett has been shopped for a few years now for not being great, and the rest of the parts they added just seems... average.

Couple talented guys going to a team where they dont have to be depended on to be the main guys. Just chip in with some depth. I can see it working but yea they still took some risk with the reputation they currently have with their last teams.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Couple talented guys going to a team where they dont have to be depended on to be the main guys. Just chip in with some depth. I can see it working but yea they still took some risk with the reputation they currently have with their last teams.
They basically replaced two lines, there are zero guarantees that they'll come together in some kind of productive way. I'm just not feeling the hype.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They basically replaced two lines, there are zero guarantees that they'll come together in some kind of productive way. I'm just not feeling the hype.

Yea that can be tough to get that chemistry in time for the playoffs. I dont know if the guys they got were strictly rentals because it would make more sense if you added them to have for next year too.

Reactions: Still All In

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Are you guys going to have move Palat this offseason for cap reasons?

If so, what do you think he'll go for?

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Are you guys going to have move Palat this offseason for cap reasons?

If so, what do you think he'll go for?
I think first of all we willl try to move Johnson and Killorn and only after them we will think about moving Palat.

Reactions: 26Mats

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think first of all we willl try to move Johnson and Killorn and only after them we will think about moving Palat.
The way Palat has been playing the last two years I think we try to hold on to him. Next year will be his last year at 5.3m, I see them trying to resign him for hopefully cheaper after that. If not, that money then goes to Point and a bottom pair like Rutta.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

We is everyone trying to move Killorn before Palat? Killorn plays more minutes per game then Palat, not by much but Cooper trusts him more. Palat is killing it on the PP but when Kucherov is back that's his spot so the production will be gone. At ES they have the same number of points with Killorn having more goals. Killorn also makes almost 1M less. You could have Killorn 4.45M + Colton 850k for the same price as Palat 5.3M. Killorn is also signed another season so we keep some of the core around as we incorporate the kids in. To me it makes much more sense to move Palat, they had the chance to move Killorn this year but it was never even an option and he's done nothing to make it seem like next season would be any different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad