The 2020 WNBA Thread

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
"The WNBA and the players' union have come to tentative terms on a new collective bargaining agreement that includes a significant salary bump for the league's highest-paid players, going from an annual base salary of $117,500 to $215,000. The new CBA also includes other cash compensation increases, changes to free agency, travel improvements, additional motherhood and family-planning benefits, enhanced marketing and career-development opportunities, and changes to revenue sharing potential. https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...salary-bump-other-cash-compensation-increases

Reactions: Jack Straw

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good news for the WNBA players. Almost a 2 times bump in the annual base salary, that's good for the players in that league.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I don't know if the 2019 mention this, but the Mercury will be playing at least 1 season at the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum due to arena construction. If I get a chance, I would like to see the Merc at the Madhouse at McDowell.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The new CBA has made the off-season way more interesting. Bonner to Connecticut, Diggins-Smith to Phoenix, Toliver back to LA, McCoughtry to Las Vegas and there's more big moves to come (Tina Charles is supposedly moving on from New York). Exciting times!

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
A 200% raise in a league that already loses a lot of money every year and has been propped up by the NBA since day one as a tax write off.

Sounds super sustainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad