Prospect Info: The 2020 Entry NHL Draft Thread: Part III

Alright, who's your final choice for the Avs to draft at 25th Overall?

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sakic has traded down once in his term as GM and it wasn't in the first round. I certainly wouldn't be against it, but it isn't his MO.

It would be a good time to go for a bunt.

I don't know, I just wanted to say a baseball thing.

Just throw out some pesapallo terms and confuse all Americans!

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Sakic has traded down once in his term as GM and it wasn't in the first round. I certainly wouldn't be against it, but it isn't his MO.

Just throw out some pesapallo terms and confuse all Americans!

Semi unrelated: I'd love to see how these multi millionaire baseball players would do in a game of pesäpallo against a team like KPL that barely pays it's players.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Semi unrelated: I'd love to see how these multi millionaire baseball players would do in a game of pesäpallo against a team like KPL that barely pays it's players.

Learned a new sport today. I love Finland

Reactions: Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Are players in Finland on roids? :naughty:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If there's one draft you could do it in, its this one considering how deep it really is, how bunched up players are starting in the twenties, and particularly with what's happened with covid as well. Again Avs MO haven't really been drafting Gunler-type players and I am not saying he's one of the lads they're targetting, but I wouldn't be surprise to see them trade down especially when I think they're hoping for a couple of players being there.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If there's one draft you could do it in, its this one considering how deep it really is, how bunched up players are starting in the twenties, and particularly with what's happened with covid as well. Again Avs MO haven't really been drafting Gunler-type players and I am not saying he's one of the lads they're targetting, but I wouldn't be surprise to see them trade down especially when I think they're hoping for a couple of players being there.
Depends who is still available at 25. If one of the guys projected to go top 20 is there, take him. If not, it might make sense to move down a bit to get an extra pick in that 25-45 tier. I'd first consider moving up into the mid-teens though if possible, using Jost or Zadorov as bait.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Depends who is still available at 25. If one of the guys projected to go top 20 is there, take him. If not, it might make sense to move down a bit to get an extra pick in that 25-45 tier. I'd first consider moving up into the mid-teens though if possible, using Jost or Zadorov as bait.
That's exactly what I am saying! :nod: I think the Avs scouting team has two-ish players they've identified that they're hoping sort of "falls" to their pick. If not, I could see them trading back to a couple of players they're probably very high on in the second round. I also agree that if Zadorov isn't in your plans, you can potentially trade him with the 25th overall and move up to a player you really, really like in the middle of the 1st round.

Reactions: Richard88

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I think it's pretty likely we move this pick. Our prospect pool is one of the better at this point and we're contenders. Move it for help. But if we take someone at 25 I would be happy with any of Peterka, Amirov, or Khusnutdinov.
Id be okay moving the pick if we get a 2nd in return or in another trade, cant have another draft class with zero chance at an NHL player, and odds are they aren't getting one anywhere outside of the 3rd.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
No. Moving. Down.

Look ordinarily I’m ok with the premise of moving down and scooping extra picks. But with us so close to the Cup, it’s a waste. You’re breaking down your best (non-Byram/Newhook) asset for an extra 1-2 lottery tickets (with worse odds). Use it to get someone that will get us over the hump, even if it is a little bit of an overpay.

Id frankly rather give it away as a sweetener for someone to take 2-3 of Cole, Donkey and/or JTC instead of trading down. No I don’t want to do that obviously, but $8m+ in cap space this year is more valuable to us than the 2nd and 3rd round lottery tickets we’d get in return.

Reactions: scottykarate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad