The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 2: The Tank is back on?: 30th place | 69.8pt projection

2019-20 Tankathon: Who are the tanking teams

• ANA

• ARI

• BOS

• BUF

• CGY

• COL

• CBJ

• DAL

• DET

• EDM

• FLA

• LAK

• MIN

• MTL

• NSH

• NJD

• NYI

• NYR

• PHI

• PIT

• SJS

• STL

• TBL

• TOR

• VAN

• VGK

• WSH

• WPG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
People are underrating the Blue Jackets here. Panarin is a tremendous loss, but they are bringing back the rest of the offensive core (while adding a solid top-six wing in Nyqvist). They will take a step back, but Dubois/Atkinson are better than anything we've got up front with some great depth pieces behind them. They also have two top pairing defencemen (while being very solid 1 through 6).

It's going to come down to goaltending with them. If one of their young guys can take the reign they'll be fine (not contenders by any stretch, but they'll compete for a playoff spot). The nice part about being short on goalies is that there are typically always stop gap options available as well, so even if a guy like Merzlikins falters they can bring in someone solid for relatively cheap.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I only see LAK/maybe oilers(mcd injury) competing with us. Ofcourse a team could have rly bad goaltending and try to reach us.. i honestly would not be surprised if minni made the playoffs. They have some nice pieces even after giving granoreiter away.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You go in knowing it's going to be a bad season yet it is still painful to watch this team try to keep up. There are a lot of fringe NHLers on this roster.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
Z9LQ2Sa.jpg

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
1 down and 49 to go.

I have full confidence in the Sens to out tank all opponents.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
CBJ may miss but I don't think they tank
No shot they have a top 5 maybe top 3 defense and you know torts is going to galvinize this group as under dogs. They will be competing for a playoff spot before last place.

Only real threats are L.A, Detroit and Anaheim.

Minnesota is way too good of a team they have one of the best d cores in the league. Only way they are a threat is if they deal Suter which would probably mean all the vets.

Ottawa is by far the least talented team in the league. Gibson is going to keep Anaheim out of the basement.

Detroits forward group isnt all that bad but the rest is ugly. They are still way more talented than Ottawa. I think they win the lottery no matter where they finish but they have substantially more talent than the sens.

L.A is the real threat they are so old and slow theyre the only team with a real shot at being worse. Their division is alot easier so that should keep the sens in the basement.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Columbus will get the 3rd overall pick either by tanking or by "winning" a lotto pick. The franchise is not strong enough to weather too many storms and they will need a pick to keep fans coming.

I've said this a million times, the draft is rigged. The NHL is a business. Top talent picks are assets to the team/league.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I think Winnipeg is going to have a rough year. They lost too much on the back end back. Chariot, Myers, Trouba and Byufglien? Rough.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Columbus will get the 3rd overall pick either by tanking or by "winning" a lotto pick. The franchise is not strong enough to weather too many storms and they will need a pick to keep fans coming.

I've said this a million times, the draft is rigged. The NHL is a business. Top talent picks are assets to the team/league.

I think its rigged too, last year solidified it for me. Detroit is going to win though, I guarantee it. I dont think there is any insentive for them to give it to Columbus.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I think its rigged too, last year solidified it for me. Detroit is going to win though, I guarantee it. I dont think there is any insentive for them to give it to Columbus.

It depends how Montreal does.

If Montreal makes the playoffs, Sens get #1 and Lafreniere,
If Montreal misses the playoffs, Sens get #1 and Byfield.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

To be frank, the league would be stupid not to rig it.

A #1 or #2 pick is like a steroid injection for a struggling franchise.

My money is on LA #1, Detroit #2 and Ottawa #3 this year. Luckily we'll get a great player at #3 since the draft is stacked this year.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I have full and complete faith in both the owner and GM to usher this team into a guaranteed top 4 pick! They were both born and bred for this, a great start last night...only 81 more to choke back!

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

This
No brainer

Also we need Byfield and Clarke bare minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad