The 2018 NHL Draft will be in Dallas at American Airlines Center

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
maybe they haven't been trying to get one. I'm not familiar with their attempts, but it seems Bettman is all about spreading the draft around in different markets.

yeah from what i've heard they've absolutely tried

i think the NHL figures since LA has hosted the ASG/draft then that's good enough for anaheim too :shakehead

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Nice to see Dallas hosting it. I know a couple months ago there was speculation Vancouver might want to host it in 2019 during their 50th anniversary season, but that's awhile off so we'll see..

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
yeah from what i've heard they've absolutely tried

i think the NHL figures since LA has hosted the ASG/draft then that's good enough for anaheim too :shakehead

if that's the case then they absolutely should get one. Maybe it's a scheduling issue or something else, because it makes absolutely no sense otherwise, but as I've said I don't know much about their attempts. It seems like the league tries to get into new venues, but they also seem to hold it over a cities head if they believe the arena needs upgrades etc. Buffalo needed to build an entire new complex before getting to host again, but once they did we got all kinds of stuff. Just waiting on that all star game. One day I suppose.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
if that's the case then they absolutely should get one. Maybe it's a scheduling issue or something else, because it makes absolutely no sense otherwise, but as I've said I don't know much about their attempts. It seems like the league tries to get into new venues, but they also seem to hold it over a cities head if they believe the arena needs upgrades etc. Buffalo needed to build an entire new complex before getting to host again, but once they did we got all kinds of stuff. Just waiting on that all star game. One day I suppose.

The thing is Anaheim has been trying for years even before doing renovations. The consideration in the past has been new team, new arena, significant arena renovations usually get you a draft or ASG. Anaheim got a new scoreboard and tacked on an entire upper terrace to their arena. The climate is nice and the players/out of town fans are minutes away from Disneyland and not to far away from the beach for family time. They still haven't hosted anything. The closest they've come is participating in an outdoor game and a few overseas games.

I think Arizona and Anaheim are the only teams never to host anything. Arizona I can understand. They're barely keeping their head above water to stay in this league. I really don't understand why Anaheim keeps getting snubbed.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Nice to see Dallas hosting it. I know a couple months ago there was speculation Vancouver might want to host it in 2019 during their 50th anniversary season, but that's awhile off so we'll see..
I think it's pretty much confirmed already that Vancouver is hosting it next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad