Boston Bruins The 2018 Disney Death March doesn't look that bad for the B's

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
img_0312.jpg

The annual Disney Death March out west has arrived and it not as challenging as it has been in years past.

upload_2018-2-14_15-43-19.png

Back to back with Calgary and Edmonton is rough and then one with Toronto and Buffalo. The Buffalo trip will be by bus as flying from Toronto to Buffalo makes no sense.

I am looking for at least 7 points in these 5 games.

The Disney Death March will always be a part of the Bruins schedule as the ice show is one of the most profitable events at TD Garden. Looks like this year Disney killed off the Blackhawks who really went into a death spiral the last 2 weeks when the ice show took over the United Center.

Reactions: TP

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The way I look at the trip - 2 points in Vancouver, 2 or 3 in Alberta and at least 3 in Toronto/Buffalo.

Toronto is making a run right now and they still think they can win the division.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Why is the game on Monday at 4? Is it a holiday in Canada, too?

Not a holiday for me so I'll miss it, but I was curious about that schedule.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

It is a holiday in some provinces including Alberta. I am in Ontario and also get it off, so I'm lucky!

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
This last quarter will be the toughest challenge yet. We need our depth scoring throughout to maintain. This stretch in February and then the rest of the year is gunna be hard. Alot of games in a short period

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Yes it's a holiday, I'm taking my kids to this game and really looking forward to it. Hopefully Rask gets the start since he's my son's favorite player.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Way to go Fens, a Jinx thread from a mod! Just watch, McAvoy will slip on a Minnie Mouse doll and break his leg, or the whole 4th line will catch an edge in Huey, Dewey, and Louie's toe pick divots the first practice back.

Edit this thread immediately! You must respect the Disney Death March! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Fenway

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Gonna miss this one (EDIT: I mean the Vancouver game. I thought I was in the GDT... EDIT 2: and I thought it was today, but it's the 17th instead... Wtf is wrong with me), crap. I hope that they'll have a strong game. It's all I ask: 100 % effort. Go Bruins!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Let's see a repeat of their 2011 Western Canadian road swing. Go undefeated, aquire Kaberle at the deadline, and win the cup. Well....Kaberle may be tough to get. Kelly and Peverly perhaps???

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
You mean 9/12 correct? I'm not real confident in the Edmonton game myself. They're struggling but they play well against the Bruins

Buffalo have been bad for so long that you don’t get points for beating them, takes the edge off the recent loss and our impending one. :sarcasm:
Hoping for a better effort than last time.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
When I saw the title I thought:

LA
Ducks
San Jose

Seeing as well, Disney is in Cali (Anaheim specifically) and the B's have had a lousy record on that trip in the past, going 0-3 often.

But that was back in November and the B's came outta that trip pretty well (2-1)... for once.

Don't remember the trip through western Canada being so "deadly", the Cali trip yes, but not the western Canada one.

Reactions: Estlin

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When I saw the title I thought:

LA
Ducks
San Jose

Seeing as well, Disney is in Cali (Anaheim specifically) and the B's have had a lousy record on that trip in the past, going 0-3 often.

But that was back in November and the B's came outta that trip pretty well (2-1)... for once.

Don't remember the trip through western Canada being so "deadly", the Cali trip yes, but not the western Canada one.

The name comes from Disney taking over TD Garden for nearly 2 weeks in late February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad