GDT: The 2017 Playoffs Bandwagon Thread - 2nd Round

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
How do you guys feel about OV? They are a rival of ours and he was a putz for years. But I'm starting to feel like he's payed his dues and deserves one.

I don't know....i hated the dude for a long time but I'm starting to feel for him a bit.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
How do you guys feel about OV? They are a rival of ours and he was a putz for years. But I'm starting to feel like he's payed his dues and deserves one.

I don't know....i hated the dude for a long time but I'm starting to feel for him a bit.

Hate him enough the I am rooting for the pens in their series. Seeing the caps bounced every year after a great regular season brings me happiness.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah don't feel bad for the caps at all, no one "deserves" a cup you earn it. Ovy's play hasn't shown it neither have the caps. The Pens win when it counts, and are just overall a better team playing in one of the best systems in the league.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I wouldn't mind if he were like 40 and floating around for awhile and he gets one and then sets sail or whatever.

But at least for the short and medium term, I have too much fun with their constant failures.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What's up with all the underperforming star players? RNH, Eberle, Perry...

RNH doesn't really surprise me. I've said it 200 times but the kid went from Joe Thornton lite to Valtteri Filppula.

As for Eberle he's always been really passive. Reminds me of a Teddy Purcell that shoots more. However I am surprised he hasn't scored a goal yet. However I'm confident Edmonton loses game 5 if Eberle is a 0 again and McDavid doesn't take the whole game over. And if Getzlaf has found his swing then I'd say the Oilers days are numbered.

As for Perry I think he's too far into his own head and is taking himself way too seriously out there. It's making for one bad game after another. I hate the words "settle down, relax" because that's not Perry's problem. He's plenty calm when he plays but the problem is he looks like he's mentally beating himself up so much that he's taking himself out of the game before it even gets started. Every time he doesn't capitalize on a chance he looks like he's ready to take himself to the back of the woodshed and whip himself.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Free hockey in Anaheim coming up, it was 3-0. 3 goals scored in 3:01.

giphy.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel bad for the Oilers that the refs would completely screw the call like that. But when it's a 3 goal lead WITH overtime??? I'm sorry but your team screwed up far worse than the refs did

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I feel bad for the Oilers that the refs would completely screw the call like that. But when it's a 3 goal lead WITH overtime??? I'm sorry but your team screwed up far worse than the refs did

Love the conspiracy theories coming out of Edmonton right now. They won 3 straight draft lotteries and 4 in the past 6 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad