Prospect Info: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
^^Add to my previous post: Jesse Virtanen lead the defensemen in the FEL with 39p in 58 games and he is a pure offensive dman. He scored 4more goals than Heiskanen. Miika Koivisto who finished 2nd, scored 1 less goal. I wouldn't consider Heiskanen's numbers as a 17-year-old 2way dman weakish by any means.

I wasn't trying to insult, more likely wonder why suddenly he's elite potential top D in his draft class. Wonder if he had flu and couldn't make team finland this year, he'd be considered one of 4 best D and projected to be picked at 10-20. Weakish means here that his stats seem weak but there are all the intangibles to it and you named them pretty well (playing in Liiga etc.). I dont think his stats are weak, and thats why I didn't use the word weak in its natural form. Get it?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I know he's got a bad rap on this board but the more I'm reading about Liljegren, the more I'd love to snag him with a 2nd first rounder in the 10th-12th range. Was seen as the 2nd overall prospect at the beginning of the year and the only dman of his class with 1st pairing potential. He's got mono and was out most of the year, came back too quickly and wasn't as good after his comeback.

A team can buy low on him and reaps huge dividends.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wasn't trying to insult, more likely wonder why suddenly he's elite potential top D in his draft class. Wonder if he had flu and couldn't make team finland this year, he'd be considered one of 4 best D and projected to be picked at 10-20. Weakish means here that his stats seem weak but there are all the intangibles to it and you named them pretty well (playing in Liiga etc.). I dont think his stats are weak, and thats why I didn't use the word weak in its natural form. Get it?

He's climbed the rankings all season and now he can't anymore.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I know he's got a bad rap on this board but the more I'm reading about Liljegren, the more I'd love to snag him with a 2nd first rounder in the 10th-12th range. Was seen as the 2nd overall prospect at the beginning of the year and the only dman of his class with 1st pairing potential. He's got mono and was out most of the year, came back too quickly and wasn't as good after his comeback.

A team can buy low on him and reaps huge dividends.

I'll make a bold prediction and say he goes much earlier than that. After what happened with Chychrun, I could definitely see a team taking a flyer on him around pick 5.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'll make a bold prediction and say he goes much earlier than that. After what happened with Chychrun, I could definitely see a team taking a flyer on him around pick 5.

Don't think the Nucks will pick a D at #5 for two years in a row. Vegas isn't picking a D either...so Arizona again maybe at #7?

Buffalo at #8 is more likely though.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Don't think the Nucks will pick a D at #5 for two years in a row. Vegas isn't picking a D either...so Arizona again maybe at #7?

Buffalo at #8 is more likely though.

Possible for Vancouver though, depending who's gone. Juolevi was LD, and Tryamkin leaving is a big hole on D.

Make sense for Arizona too. Chychrun and OEL are both LHD, while Liljegren is RHD. Maybe they think Makar is their guy, you knows. I say he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad