GDT: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft | June 23-24 | 7 p.m. ET (NBCSN, Sportsnet, NHLNetwork)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
cut.jpg

TV SCHEDULE & STREAMS:

Round 1 - June 23rd

NHL Tonight: Draft Preview Show (5:00 PM ET) - NHLN
NHL Entry Draft (7:00 PM ET) - NBCSN, SN, NBC Sports Live, Sportsnet Now
NHL Draft Recap Show (10:30 PM ET) - NHLN

Rounds 2-7 - June 24th

NHL Entry Draft (10:00 AM ET) - NHLN, SN

DRAFT PICKS

Round | Overall | Player | Pos | Country | Ht | Wt | Amateur League | Amateur Team

1 | 14| CAL FOOTE |D |CAN |6' 4"|215|WHL|KELOWNA
2 | 48| ALEXANDER VOLKOV |RW |RUS |6' 1"|191|RUSSIA-JR.|SKA ST. PETERSBURG 2
3 | 76| ALEXEI LIPANOV |C |RUS | 6' 0"|169|RUSSIA-2|BALASHIKHA
6 | 169| NICKLAUS PERBIX |D |USA |6' 2"|191|HIGH-MN|ELK RIVER
6 | 180| COLE GUTTMAN |C |USA| 5' 9"|167|USHL|DUBUQUE
7 | 200| SAMUEL WALKER |C |USA |5' 10"|142|HIGH-MN|EDINA

RANKINGS

TSN: Bob McKenzie's Top 93
TSN: Craig Button's top 105
THN: Ryan Kennedy's top 120
SN: Jeff Marek's Top 100
NHL Central Scouting
The Hockey Writers
International Scouting Services

PICK TRACKER

NHL.com | Sportsnet.ca

Brett+Howden+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+0woGyIiT6FHl.jpg

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm ready to meet the newest member of the Lightning family. At this point I'll take Kostin. I was firmly in the Foote camp for a while and then we made the trade for Surge. We don't need any more defensive prospects now. Rather let's develop a top 6 forward. Kostin will likely be there at 14 and makes sense at 14

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I haven't been able to follow theNHL in a while but I'm planing to stay up for this....I just hope that Steve doesn't do what he did last year and trade our number 1 pick which meant that nothing fun happened to us on the 1st night.

I'm ready to meet the newest member of the Lightning family. At this point I'll take Kostin. I was firmly in the Foote camp for a while and then we made the trade for Surge. We don't need any more defensive prospects now. Rather let's develop a top 6 forward. Kostin will likely be there at 14 and makes sense at 14

I'm with you on this.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Same for me, I doubt Suzuki makes it to us and Kostin is the only real high end talent likely available at that spot.. If not him. Trade down and grab a few more picks to get more shots at the ultimate steal :nod:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I just hope that Steve doesn't do what he did last year and trade our number 1 pick which meant that nothing fun happened to us on the 1st night.

That was 2015. Last year we picked Brett Howden.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That was 2015. Last year we picked Brett Howden.

Thank you, I got it wrong, I was away last year so I couldn't follow it but I did in 2015 and that's when we traded the pick away. Now I wouldn't mind doing it this year if it's for a good reason it was just tough sitting up waiting to see who we drafted since they only show the 1st round tonight (I think) and then it was gone.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we're trading the pick. I know Yzerman doesn't like to do it, but we don't have forwards to deal, and any prospect we'd be willing to deal would require a big pick going along with him to land the quality of player we need.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I doubt we're gonna go Kostin now anyway. Apparently, the kid said he's not gonna play in juniors. He wants the NHL or AHL. That's a big bucket of LOL's waiting to happen from Lightning management. Kid could be ready today and Coop would stick him with Brown and Paquette and then we'd send him down to the WHL for "playing time"

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
If it's one thing you can watch over and over it's that one:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I doubt we're gonna go Kostin now anyway. Apparently, the kid said he's not gonna play in juniors. He wants the NHL or AHL. That's a big bucket of LOL's waiting to happen from Lightning management. Kid could be ready today and Coop would stick him with Brown and Paquette and then we'd send him down to the WHL for "playing time"

How is a Russian actually wanting to play in the AHL a bad thing?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

I don't really see a problem with him not wanting to play in the CHL.No different than Matthews going to Switzerland to play against pros instead of going the NCAA or CHL way. Many more European players choose to not go that route. Usually the issue is the kids who don't want to set foot in the AHL.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't really see a problem with him not wanting to play in the CHL.No different than Matthews going to Switzerland to play against pros instead of going the NCAA or CHL way. Many more European players choose to not go that route. Usually the issue is the kids who don't want to set foot in the AHL.

*shrug* I feel like the Lightning would take issue with it even though it's not an issue. Idk... I'm just glad it's on with. I'm ready to see what we do

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We do things like the Red Wings because Stevie is in charge Hose!

The wings have drafted Europeans and just left them in Europe and didn't bring them over to play in the CHL. Not every prospect goes to the CHL so don't see him wanting to go AHL first, which is a huge bonus not a negative.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
*shrug* I feel like the Lightning would take issue with it even though it's not an issue. Idk... I'm just glad it's on with. I'm ready to see what we do
The Bolts were ok with Nesterov, Kucherov, and Vasy staying and developing in Russia. Having a kid want to come over right away is even better. Kostin could even do that & stay in Russia, so I'm actually surprised he is open to the idea of leaving a possible spot with his KHL club so quick.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What a year by Nico. And congrats to Switzerland, first time a Swiss player goes 1st overall. At the beginning of this season it was a sure thing it'll be either Patrick or Liljegren.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Patrick to Philly, the first two tonight really was between them, now it gets interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad