Post-Game Talk: The 2017-18 New Jersey Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Moore =/ Grit. They dont belong in the same sentence. Moore is the type of guy that could fit the system, but he is going to get over-payed and he has been a mess for the better half of the season. I dont want him back at all.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Last I'll say about this since the same people will respond complaining and going on and on about him since they are obsessed with him, but trading Severson does not make us a better team in the slightest lol. You trade him, and the team gets drastically worse.

Reactions: Oneiro

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Moore =/ Grit. They dont belong in the same sentence. Moore is the type of guy that could fit the system, but he is going to get over-payed and he has been a mess for the better half of the season. I dont want him back at all.

Yeah I'm good letting Moore walk. We don't need low iq hockey players

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Last I'll say about this since the same people will respond complaining and going on and on about him since they are obsessed with him, but trading Severson does not make us a better team in the slightest lol. You trade him, and the team gets drastically worse.

I'm only a fan of trading him if we sign Carlson. Otherwise there is no point

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Things we discovered this season.........

Palmeri is not a top line winger
Zajac is a great 3rd line center, when he's not expected to produce offense
Butcher's offensive IQ is pretty high for a former 5th round pick
Bratt is scratching the surface in terms of offensive potential
Coleman and Noesen are mainstays on the bottom 6

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Things we discovered this season.........

Palmeri is not a top line winger
Zajac is a great 3rd line center
Butcher's offensive IQ is pretty high for a former 5th round pick
Bratt is scratching the surface in terms of offensive potential

Addendum-

Greene should not be playing top pairing minutes anymore
Lovejoy should be shipped to China

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The Severson issue is gonna rage all summer.

Good times.

I hope he comes back with a vengeance. Or we trade him+ for an extended Doughty...?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Addendum-

Lovejoy should be shipped to China
Who do we have on the left side who can play top pairing minutes? We've got Greene, we've got Mueller, and we've got Butcher. Either we ask Mueller to take a big step forward, we rely on Greene, or we find a new LHD - I'm not going to ask Butcher to be the major minute guy.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Who do we have on the left side who can play top pairing minutes? We've got Greene, we've got Mueller, and we've got Butcher. Either we ask Mueller to take a big step forward, we rely on Greene, or we find a new LHD - I'm not going to ask Butcher to be the major minute guy.
Well see what moves are made during the offseason, then we can figure this out

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Depends who we trade him for and who replaces him on the blue line. No one is saying we should just give him away. If we say, traded him for an equal value guy who shoots left, maybe that would be a good deal.

Loryder711

Apr 16, 2018
New Jersey
It still sucks to get knocked out, but it wasn’t like we were a presidents winning team that was expected to go deep. This team was expected by many to just be building for the future while hopefully being respectable this year. The playoffs were very unlikely.
Of course, this season turned out to be much better than I could have ever anticipated. Even if he doesn’t win it, Taylor Hall is a guy who deserves the Hart trophy for his efforts this year. I won’t forget Boyle fighting back leukemia to play for this team, and Kinkaid becoming Brodeur 2.0 to become a key piece to clinching a spot.
Even if it did not end ceremoniously this season will be one I am not forgetting any time soon.

Now please fix the defense for next year Shero

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Shero rather trade our 1st+ then Severson. Easily Imo.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

so if there is no over payment will you welcome him back?

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Nico and Bratt need to hit the weights this summer. And if Butcher makes significant improvements on his skating, he can be the best defenseman on the team.

not holding my breath on butcher improving his skating. the thing is hes still decent. they just need to surround him with better pieces.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The Devils this postseason:

fxhdYVy.gif

Also if we manage to sign Carlson, between him and Palms, my NJ arousal will be stronger than ever. Let’s f***ing go!

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
My off-season thoughts:

Release: Clowe, Grabner, Maroon, Stafford, Hayes, Moore.

Re-sign: Wood, Noesen, Coleman, Gibbons, Santini, Lack (We need a 3rd goalie with NHL experience, Appleby/Blackwood not ready).

Trade:
Boyle (Just doesn’t fit with the team. When we signed him, I thought he would be a player that would win faceoffs and help the PK. A bit like what Fiddler did. Well he didn’t play the PK at all and his faceoff skills were pretty bad at end of season).

Severson (I’ve lost faith, I like to trade him for LD help and give Severson’s spot to Santini).

Lovejoy (If anyone will take him, otherwise he can be the team’s 7th dman. He wasn’t bad with sheltered minutes so I think it would be a little harsh if we buried him in the minors).

New players:
Carlson and Tavares should be priority 1 & 2 via free agency.
If we are not in the running for either Carlson or Tavares, then I would consider James van Riemsdyk as the next best free agency option as a better version of Pat Maroon (which is why I think Maroon should be released/not re-signed). Calvin De Haan is the next best D available and Paul Statsny I like as 2C option because I am down on Pavel Zacha.
We don’t need to go to free agency to replace the depth forwards that we are not re-signing (Stafford, Hayes, Grabner). I feel that it time to opt for the youth of John Quenneville, Mikey McLeod, Joey Anderson to play games rather than signing veterans (like Stafford/Hayes) on 1 year contracts.

Reactions: nugg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't think I can post it here

but I've been watching Spring Break Anthem by The Lonely Island quite a bit since we've lost and it's helped quite a bit. I recommend it.

lol

edit: it also features Miles Wood, err James Franco, Miles? I don't know they're so similar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad