GDT: The 2016 NHL Entry Draft #2 | Pool Party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
can people stop whining?

wait until July 4th to whine or not. The team will look very different on that day.

on to more important matters....who has the hottest family?

Nope Offseason is over already

Look at all the trades so far this draft. So many top 4 D traded already

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Can't wait to next year when we can take Liljegren. This draft is becoming depressing. We needed to make a deal for a dman and nothing.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Real great luck to get Jesse. So much talent in your organization right now. You better hope Chia doesn't decide to jump on some move just to improve the team immediately. Let things play out as players mature. Maybe get a defenseman like Subban or Dumba, otherwise no reason to make crazy moves. Too much talent not to result in multiple Cups for the Oil.

I just gave myself a headache rolling my eyes.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I don't understand this franchise...

ClwPHYKUoAATNlT.jpg

It's day 1 of the draft. We could still very easily move one of the 6 Million dollar men any other day between now and UFA or post UFA. Demers still available.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Can't wait to next year when we can take Liljegren. This draft is becoming depressing. We needed to make a deal for a dman and nothing.

We still have all the tradeable assets other than #4 and we acquired a hulking right shot RW which we were really hurting for. It's a good day to be an Oiler fan imo.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Is he for sure?

Maybe now Bergevin get's nervous

I think the 4th overall was a huge piece in that deal (cost-controlled, expansion-protected, chance to select a blue-chip French Canadian).

I don't see a deal left that: a) fits both teams' needs, and b) makes sense from a salary cap point of view for both teams.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Puljujarvi makes it easier to part with our big guys...

We will have a dman. Probably Dumba.

Can't believe there hasn't been more trades..

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
A one-time 16M dollar cheque isn't going to change their perspective on a 6 year commitment.

Honestly, I don't believe too many teams look past 1 or 2 years into the future. Spend the money now, cut costs later.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The remote chance of landing Subban evaporated when Columbus picked Dubois. You could see it on Bergevin's face. Such is life. As numerous media members reported, Chiarelli worked the draft floor really hard so it wasn't for lack of effort. Time to try another strategy to get defenders.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Hahaha Red Wings fans looking choked after Holland's pick. Must be new to watching the team if they think Holland doesn't know what he's doing haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad