The 2015 NHL Fighter Awards

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
With the playoffs officially starting; I thought that this would be a neat thread. Interested to see others' opinions. Hockeyfightsdotcom does the same thing. Here are the catagories below.

Fighter of the year:

I pick Anthony Peluso. Impressive fight card, and didn't lose a single fight. He throws hard and fast; has a nice combination of punches to the body.

Rookie fighter of the year:

I pick Nicolas Deslauriers. Entertaining with his ability to switch hands; another fighter who can throw punches fast. He held his own against a top heavyweight in Luke Gazdic.

Biggest surprise:

I pick Nathan Beaulieu. Knocking down Matt Fraser (not a very good middleweight) and doing well against David Clarkson. Not too shabby for a player that rarely fights. Guess that he wanted to show another side to his game.

Biggest punching bag:

I pick Kyle Chipchura. Not meant as a knock on the player; it's cool to have players willing to fight. Chipchura has never been an effective middleweight. He'll fight whenever he will feel like it's necessary. Getting dropped in a fight by Paul Gaustad doesn't look good on his resume. B.J. Crombeen was another candidate, but his fight card was tougher.

Softest team:

I pick the Pittsburgh Penguins. After trading away three players (Simon Despres, Zach Sill, and Robert Bortuzzo) that lead the team in fighting majors; I am convinced that they're currently the softest. Getting pushed around by Detroit is certainly all that needs to be said. Steve Downie and Ian Cole are the only two willing to throw down.

Toughest team:

I pick the Winnipeg Jets. Anthony Peluso, Chris Thorburn, Jay Harrison, Mark Stuart, Ben Chiarot, and Jim Slater. Andrew Ladd, Adam Lowry, and Dustin Byfuglien will fight occasionally. That's called team toughness.

Fight of the year:

I pick the fight between Gazdic and Neil. So many bombs were landed in that fight. It lasted a long time as well. Awesome fight between two warriors.

Last edited:

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Fighter of the year: Anthony Peluso
Rookie fighter of the year: Mark Borowiecki
Biggest surprise: Jakub Voracek
Biggest punching bag: B.J Crombeen
Softest team: Detroit Red Wings
Toughest team: Winnipeg Jets
Fight of the year: Gazdic vs Neil

Ad

Upcoming events