The 2015 HF Boardie Awards!!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This was pretty close, y'all rock! :yo:

Most valuable poster (MVP) - TheDaysOf04
(The user deemed most valuable to HFBoards' Lightning forum)

Most popular poster - robertguess2013
(Pure popularity contest)

Funniest poster - RussianGuyovich - HM: HoseEmUp
(Self explanatory)

Most insightful poster - nhljohnson
(The board member whose depth of knowledge and/or opinions has impressed you the most. Exemplifies what message boards are all about.)

Should post more - Maelmoor
(The board user's posts you liked reading, but kind of wished there were more of them.)

Cory Murphy Chalice of Victory for Underratedness - The YzerJesus / Sky04
(Underratedness is a word. Cory Murphy wrote it in his dictionary)

Rookie of the Year - Brie / Lightningfan24
(Most impressive 'new' poster to the Lightning board)

Best name - Yzlamic Extremist / Kramerica Industries
(Self explanatory)

Biggest Optimist Prime - robertguess2013
(Poster who thought the Lightning organization could do no wrong)

Biggest Negatron - BOLTMAN / dbieon12
(Poster who blasted everything the Lightning did, or had no hope for anything)

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fair warning: I'm going to get some names wrong.

Most valuable poster (MVP) - TheDaysOf04 -- Can't beat the GDTs.

Most popular poster - RobertGuess2013 -- No explanation needed.

Funniest poster - RussianGoyavich -- Came up with "Paquette up, Paquette in, let me begin."

Most insightful poster - Zeykshade / Sky04 -- Not sure if we're allowed to split votes, but it was hard enough for me to narrow it down to two. Zeykshade is probably the most level-headed guy on our board and Sky has probably corrected my own faulty logic more than anyone else. I always look forward to their comments, because usually they will provide insight.

Should post more - MattM92 -- Hasn't posted as much this year as last.

Cory Murphy Chalice of Victory for Underratedness - HoseEmDown -- Seriously. His shtick only work so well because, when he wants to, Hose can drop a serious bomb of logic that just can't be refuted. HM: Stamverine, but it's hard to be the most underrated when people do take you seriously, which is only true for Hose part of the time.

Rookie of the Year - LightningFan24 -- Not only new to the board, but new to the team. You can see him slowly evolving from a Callahan fan to a full badge Lightning fan.

Best avatar - Whoever the guy was/is with Jo Drouin at the draft, captioned, "Obviously."

Best name - Yzlamic Extremist

Biggest Optimist Prime - IdealisticSniper -- More on the main boards than here, where, IMO, he can even beat Rob, and that's saying something.

Biggest Negatron - Brie -- Our GDTs are often full of stress and worry, but nobody brings it with Brie's consistency. ;) PhysicalGraffiti seemed to join the side of love and righteousness near the end of the year.

Last edited:

Yzlamic Preacher*

Not being mentioned once offends me. I demand a trade to only one team.

Edit: bad news Brie is self explanatory. Should win negatron. Also you're welcome because I came up with that name...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
how about we do some awards for our players for both the season and the playoffs

top surprises mvp's best defender best rookie etc.. best forward best center

we set up some polls for this stuff give us something to do till draft next week?/

im for it myself just not sure how to set it up and know one of you is good at this stuff at least

also whose going to be our new star next year or most surprising etc....

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not being mentioned once offends me. I demand a trade to only one team.

Edit: bad news Brie is self explanatory. Should win negatron. Also you're welcome because I came up with that name...

I just can't tell the Yzlamists apart.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The only reason I'm not in the running for Rookie of the year is because Coach kept putting me on the 4th line or scratching me.. this is absolute baloney. I'm clearly going to be on the 1st line and a star within the next few seasons. Or i'll find a team that will use and enjoy my talents!!!

#ImNotEvenUgly #TheGoodTheBadAndTheUgly

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The only reason I'm not in the running for Rookie of the year is because Coach kept putting me on the 4th line or scratching me.. this is absolute baloney. I'm clearly going to on the 1st line and a star within the next few seasons. Or i'll find a team that will use and enjoy my talents!!!

You should get at least an HM for funniest poster after this.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
The only reason I'm not in the running for Rookie of the year is because Coach kept putting me on the 4th line or scratching me.. this is absolute baloney. I'm clearly going to be on the 1st line and a star within the next few seasons. Or i'll find a team that will use and enjoy my talents!!!

I didn't even have a shot at Rookie of the Year. I got sent back to ****ing Juniors...

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Luckily for you. I'm a 4th line scrub. Least you got potential! :cry:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
There is a offseason thread idea. Name the poster equivalent of Lightning team.

I think I'd be Hedman with the early season injury and then turning it on and making a big impact for the playoffs.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Previous ROTY winner stopping by to spit on this sorry bunch of pretenders.

You make me sick! You hear me?!?! Sick!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I should win ROTY again.

I am modest, I am knowledgeable, I know more then you know, and I dont let fear control me.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Most valuable poster (MVP) - TheDaysof04
(The user deemed most valuable to HFBoards' Lightning forum)

Most popular poster -RobertGuess
(Pure popularity contest)

Funniest poster -HoseEmdown HM:Bobby the Chief Taylor (Didn't post enough.)
(Self explanatory)

Most insightful poster -DFC (really this is such a toss up. Quite a few people could of won this award.)
(The board member whose depth of knowledge and/or opinions has impressed you the most. Exemplifies what message boards are all about.)

Should post more - Krista
(The board user's posts you liked reading, but kind of wished there were more of them.)

Cory Murphy Chalice of Victory for Underratedness -
(Underratedness is a word. Cory Murphy wrote it in his dictionary)

Rookie of the Year -Todd1A
(Most impressive 'new' poster to the Lightning board)

Best avatar - Xenophobia Catalyst
(The user with the best avatar)

Best name - Follower of Yzlam
(Self explanatory)

Biggest Optimist Prime - RobertGuess
(Poster who thought the Lightning organization could do no wrong)

Biggest Negatron - Brie
(Poster who blasted everything the Lightning did, or had no hope for anything)

Quoting votes cause I am lazy.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I was an awesome ROTY.

Had a good career for a couple of years. Development fell off a cliff. Ya'll are stuck with me though. Iron clad NMC, under contract for infinite years.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I was an awesome ROTY.

Had a good career for a couple of years. Development fell off a cliff. Ya'll are stuck with me though. Iron clad NMC, under contract for infinite years.

I look forward to my big payday, i'll be slightly overpaid but only because other teams will be willing to pay so much more come free agency. Muahahaha. I mean... I love posting here, I love the posters. I wanna win here. I really do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad