News Article: The 2015 Exit Meeting/State of the Cats Address Thread #IsItOctoberYet

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Today is the annual exit meetings and Tallon's end of the year Presser. We'll find out tidbits and info about the season, who will be in the Worlds and Tallon's thoughts on the year.:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Can't wait for the Tallon presser

Goldie, Denis and Billy kept talking about how what you see is what you get with this team and not a whole lot is going to change as far as addition and subtractions go. The big trade everyone wants to see is feeling more and more unlikely.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Goldie, Denis and Billy kept talking about how what you see is what you get with this team and not a whole lot is going to change as far as addition and subtractions go. The big trade everyone wants to see is feeling more and more unlikely.

We'll see something. It won't be Kessel. But something will happen.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Haha, there is no way that Tallon is going to have a quiet off season. Not a chance. If he values his job, he'll make the necessary moves to make the Panthers a "playoff lock".

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Any news on guys going to the WHC?

Only guys I know are Jagr, Barks, Ekblad, and Kulyeeekov.

How about Tallon though, I think he is usually very "honest" after the season, and he says the goal is to win a cup. I don't remember him ever setting the bar that high

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

How about Tallon though, I think he is usually very "honest" after the season, and he says the goal is to win a cup. I don't remember him ever setting the bar that high

Well if we add another 20 goal scorer, we realistically could. It'd be a long shot, but that's where you have to set the bar. We're already a playoff caliber team. Like Pirri said, the next step is getting home ice in the playoffs. From there, anything is possible.

Edit: I love how Jagr is just like "shut up Harvey, I'm still good."

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Haha, there is no way that Tallon is going to have a quiet off season. Not a chance. If he values his job, he'll make the necessary moves to make the Panthers a "playoff lock".

Bring in a good 4th liner and maybe a middle 6 er is all he will do... and that will be good enough for playoffs... no point changing things drastically when we have our core ready to take us to the playoffs themselves

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
To be honest, there's no reason why we shouldn't become an annual playoff team.

Tampa is great and will be for a while (assuming they keep Stammer long term). Montreal continues to produce, but they just don't frighten me. Detroit made it again, but their core is getting old (though they have some nice young talent). Boston's foundation has officially cracked, and they're in cap trouble. Ottawa is young but this run is unsustainable. Buffalo will be adding a key piece but should still be years away. Toronto is entering a rebuild (I imagine).

If you consider Tampa a lock and Buffalo and Toronto a lock in the other direction, it's us, Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit and Boston for two guaranteed spots, and two others available.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

Tallon has said the goal is to win the cup and bring it to South Florida a few times from the time he was first hired. I don't think he necessarily means next year.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
To be honest, there's no reason why we shouldn't become an annual playoff team.

Tampa is great and will be for a while (assuming they keep Stammer long term). Montreal continues to produce, but they just don't frighten me. Detroit made it again, but their core is getting old (though they have some nice young talent). Boston's foundation has officially cracked, and they're in cap trouble. Ottawa is young but this run is unsustainable. Buffalo will be adding a key piece but should still be years away. Toronto is entering a rebuild (I imagine).

If you consider Tampa a lock and Buffalo and Toronto a lock in the other direction, it's us, Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit and Boston for two guaranteed spots, and two others available.

It's just impossible to predict these things really. Especially BEFORE all the off-season movement. McDavid may score 90 and lead Buffalo to the Playoffs, Montreal may be crippled by injuries and Toronto acquire a few all-stars. Who on Earth knows?!?!?!

And then to predict the years ahead of next year? The variables increase exponentially.

Last years Stanley Cup Winner didn't even make the playoffs this year. You would have thought they, out of any team in the league would be a "lock".

Panthers just gotta worry about themselves, make sure they are the best team they can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad