Speculation: The 2015-16 Lightning: Our team next year

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What do you guys think is going to the split between Bishop and Vasiliskey? Do you see Bishop being part of the cap crunch?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What do you guys think is going to the split between Bishop and Vasiliskey? Do you see Bishop being part of the cap crunch?

I think it looks like it. Andrei has been considered the best goalie prospect almost unanimously for the last few years. You can groom such a player but you can't sit him on the bench forever. I think unless Bishop signs the lowest deal in history for a player of his caliber, we will see him leave

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Bishops contract ends right when Johnson, Palat, and Drouin's deals expire. Cap casualty for sure, hopefully he waives his NMC and he doesn't walk.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
You guys seem sold on this, but don't be surprised for a second to see Ben get another 1-2 year deal. You don't bite the hand that feeds you after having a carousel of goaltenders for almost a decade.

Then my question becomes: with what money? I'd be more comfortable discussing the question with a known cap figure for Stamkos :cry:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Then my question becomes: with what money? I'd be more comfortable discussing the question with a known cap figure for Stamkos :cry:

Even with the money, Vasy's probably not going to get the keys to the car until he proves, without a doubt, he's the man who should be driving it. That's not going to be easy to do. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us paying Bishop his 6m+ for the next 4-5 years. If Vasy's 25 and we're still talking about this, it's an issue and something'll have to give. But unless Bishop's wheels fall off, or our cap issues get REALLY out of hand, we're probably not going to wind up with a 22/23 year-old starter.

Bishop is likely near the very bottom of our list of potential cap dumps. Especially after The Lindback Experience.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm wondering if we're waiting to see Koekkoek in the NHL before pulling the trigger on a Carle deal (if one's even possible.). It would line up with Yzerman's style.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Don't know if this is the right place but anyway, can be moved if they should be somewhere else.

Things are getting closer every day, some guys already in Tampa.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Coburn first on ice at Brandon followed by Stralman. Hedman just came out followed shortly by Dinger. Bushop now on ice as well!!!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Kucherov also here...on ice with non Lightning gear on. They just finished first set of warmups. Coburn left ice and hasnt come back. Odd.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Thanks for the updates Werewolf, looks like many players are there already which is great, season can't start soon enough.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You guys seem sold on this, but don't be surprised for a second to see Ben get another 1-2 year deal. You don't bite the hand that feeds you after having a carousel of goaltenders for almost a decade.

ive said this ben stays till we have to move him meaning expansion dont see how we keep him and vasy at that time so ben is moved before that starts so can keep the extra forwards and d guys

i dont see us keeping ben even though he will win us a cup in next few years

2018 before expansion he moves but with a new deal in place

just my two cents

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ben has proven he's a starting goalie and is one of the reasons we made playoffs last year, and made it so far this year (with obvious help from TKO and some improved D) Ben had two 30+ win seasons in a row and I expect he'll have another this similar, the only downside is that Ben has been injury prone the last two seasons BUT has been able to come back from them no problem.

I still think Ben is gonna stay, Vasi is still unproven and still so young, people think Vasi is just gonna get fed up and leave or something because he's like 20 and not starting in the NHL?? C'mon people. Ben's the first goalie we've had in a LONG time that has been able to win us games and get us somewhere. He's not leaving any time soon and I don't want him to.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It all depends on how Vasi does. If he's killing it, it's kind of hard to ignore the cap space that could be saved by moving Bishop. But we shouldn't move Ben until we're sure Vasi can be #1.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It all depends on how Vasi does. If he's killing it, it's kind of hard to ignore the cap space that could be saved by moving Bishop. But we shouldn't move Ben until we're sure Vasi can be #1.

Vasy will likely have to win the job from him. That won't be easy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is Matt Carle's performance-to-$ ratio one of the worst in hockey right now?

Hard to think I was a Carle supporter a year ago. Or, at least, I thought he was okay.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Is Matt Carle's performance-to-$ ratio one of the worst in hockey right now?

Hard to think I was a Carle supporter a year ago. Or, at least, I thought he was okay.

I mean... Clarkson maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad