The 2014 Draft One Year Later

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Holy cow, so I went stat looking at our players from the 2014 draft and the improvement statistically is extremely impressive.

1st round- Goldobin: Played essentially in two "major" leagues right after his great OHL year and did fairly well for 19 years old. 9 AHL games, 5 points. 38 SM Liiga games, 21 points. That's awesome.

2nd round- Bergman: Showed up in the OHL after being drafted from Sweden, 60 GP, 42 points for a D. That's impressive.

3rd round- Schoenborn: Went from 72 GP, 36 points to 49 GP, 33 points. Probably mostly due to aging up, but his PPG went up so I'm calling it a win.

Sadowy: Went from 68 GP, 36 points to 65 GP, 74 points including 42 goals! That's an incredible improvement for a third rounder.

5th round- Rourke Chartier: Went from 72 GP and 58 points to 58 GP and 82 points. Continuing with the trend, still great to see that much improvement in points from a 5th rounder.

6th round- Kevin Labanc: Holy moly. A 6th round pick going from 65 GP and 36 points to 68 GP and 107 points. That's just incredible. It isn't even like he was carried by a superstar coming up, the highest on the team was 112 points as a 20 year old in Blandisi.

Anyways, it's all just stat watching and if anyone who has had extensive time watching these players in the junior leagues wants to chime in on their development that would be great. I also didn't include Noah Rod and Vanier as they didn't fit the increase in production trend, but everyone loved those picks when they happened as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad