The 2014-2015 "Nobody Cares But I'll Track the GDTs Anyways" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'll do the season opener to get us started if no one else wants it. Still open and it's sneaking up quick :)

Now that bluedevil58 changed his mind, it's all yours.

Actually I take it back. Having the first CDT of the season is just too much pressure for me to handle. I do not want to be the first to set the bar for you people.

If I give CI the first game, how does the second game sound?

I'll take 10/16 against the Rangers. My first official GDT!

Okay, done.

We should have awards for gdts and the creators t the end of the season. Examples
Best record
Worst record
Best GDT
Worst GDT

But how do we objectively qualify the best/worst? I guess a couple polls would work, and I'd definitely be down for that.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
But how do we objectively qualify the best/worst? I guess a couple polls would work, and I'd definitely be down for that.

Yeah people could be nominated for awards then the winner is decided by a poll.

You could name awards after people and their contributions to either the organization or the board. I.E Chad Larose Dissappearing act award given for the most GDT's abandoned

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
You could name awards after people and their contributions to either the organization or the board. I.E Chad Larose Dissappearing act award given for the most GDT's abandoned

I probably would have won that last season, as well as whatever award goes to whoever had the worst record. I distinctly remember forgetting at least two GDTs completely, and remembered a couple more mere hours before the game. Didn't really matter of course, because I went something like 3-7-2.

I'll try to make a few, but will probably have to step back a bit. Life's a little busier now than it was this time last year.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I don't anticipate being able to make the GDT for Saturday, so I'd appreciate a volunteer for that (and the other two games this month).

Hey bd58, you should do one. As in...Saturday's. It's not the first game of the year, so there's no pressure for you to perform well.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Somebody please take tomorrow's GDT. I suggest you put in very minimal effort until the very end of the GDT, just like today's game.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Somebody please take tomorrow's GDT. I suggest you put in very minimal effort until the very end of the GDT, just like today's game.

If nothing is up by the time I go to bed at 4ish, I'll throw something together. Unless it's against the rules?

Also, since we're tanking for Connor, do gdt losses count as wins? :)

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
If nothing is up by the time I go to bed at 4ish, I'll throw something together. Unless it's against the rules?

Also, since we're tanking for Connor, do gdt losses count as wins? :)

I'll try to think of something in the next hour or so. But yeah, if you don't see anything posted go right on ahead.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
CMP already has chosen to do tomorrow's game, so I can't let you have that.

If you really only want to do one game, choose wisely.:laugh:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
He can have tomorrow's game if he wants my interest level in spending time to make a GDT for this team is absurdly low.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Well, as long as somebody makes it.

Whether it be CMP, Gino, or CI...I really don't care anymore as long as it gets done.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
NOTE: DUE TO THE CURRENT STATE OF THE TEAM AND THE OVERALL LACK OF VOLUNTEERS, EFFORT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED IN MAKING GDTs

With that out of the way, anybody want to sign up? The level of effort you put in is now up to you.

I will keep the schedule up and still track the standings, but if there is no GDT posted for a given day and you aren't busy, please post one.

I will also remove the one GDT every five games rule, because CI will always make them if need be since he's reliable for that.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yes. Basically give people the chance to sign up for them and if we're getting like a week or so out and nobody has yet I'll take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad