OT: The 2014-2015 Boston Celtics/NBA Thread III

jdz

May 22, 2013
They're more likely to get a playoff spot than a top 3 pick this year.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
3 wins in a row. What the hell is going on? Ainge needs to start trading some more pieces off. I'll be disappointed if at least 2 of the following are still here after the trade deadline: Bass, Zeller, Turner, Thornton.

jdz

May 22, 2013
3 wins in a row. What the hell is going on? Ainge needs to start trading some more pieces off. I'll be disappointed if at least 2 of the following are still here after the trade deadline: Bass, Zeller, Turner, Thornton.

Thornton and bass should be gone. The other two salary-wise are actually pretty good value for what they're paid. Wouldn't have a problem keeping them on the roster.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I've changed course. I'm rooting for the playoffs at this point. Want to keep Thornton. Would be willing to trade Bass once Olynik is healthy. Would rather trade Prince so Young can stay in the rotation even though he's struggling right now.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I've changed course. I'm rooting for the playoffs at this point. Want to keep Thornton. Would be willing to trade Bass once Olynik is healthy. Would rather trade Prince so Young can stay in the rotation even though he's struggling right now.

same here, tanking doesn't really make sense at this point since there are alot of other teams with worse a worse record than us. I want them to make it.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Blake Griffin out 4-6 weeks for the Clippers with an elbow injury.

Why do we care? Because the Celtics own the Clippers' unprotected 1st round pick as part of the Doc Rivers "trade". Clippers are currently 7th in the Western Conference playoff race.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Blake Griffin out 4-6 weeks for the Clippers with an elbow injury.

Why do we care? Because the Celtics own the Clippers' unprotected 1st round pick as part of the Doc Rivers "trade". Clippers are currently 7th in the Western Conference playoff race.

Yeah, looking at it, I guess that pick could fall anywhere from 13 to 20

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Through March 1st, if every team with a better record wins each game, Phoenix and New Orleans will both pass the Clippers. And OKC won't be far back.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
i honestly thinking it is more beneficial we make the playoffs than just barely making the playoffs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We are now the best team in the East. That's how this works, right? We took out highlander.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Gotta be honest, I don't get it. Why would you do that unless you had a guarantee from his agent he'd resign here?
Depends on the cost. If it's one of the likely late 1st round picks, plus expirings, then fine. On the plus side, you've got plenty of picks, and you'd be able to offer him more guaranteed money than anyone this summer.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
If you can turn one of those draft picks + one of those expiring contracts into Goran Dragic, AND get him to re-sign? Sign me the hell up. Great backcourt trio of Dragic, Bradley, and Smart. I love the idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad