The 2014-2015 Blues Discussion Thread - Part II

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Why is Morrow still listed on our roster on blues.nhl.com while Roy and Ott aren't?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Think we can sign Jonas Enlund? :naughty:

I'm sure that Schwartz will be a LOT better with Lehtera and Tarasenko than Enlund would be. the latter doesn't play any physical game, and is weak on defence. The Blues already have 9 Top 9 forwards that fit their system better, and a few more on the way. Enlund would be worth a lot more to a team with a "free-wheeling" system, like Edmonton.

I don't think Enlund would want to join The Blues' system now, as he would se little chance of breaking their lineup.

gumption

Jun 28, 2014
St. Louis
could you guys see ott going back to buffalo? i mean, it's highly unlikely we'll resign him, and there's rumors that he'll resign with the sabres.

pricer502

Jun 3, 2011
Kansas City
Very intrested to see how Stasny changes our powerplay. I complained alot last year because our PP attack became so predictable. Our only strategy was to get a point shot from Steen,Petro,Shatty. Teams caught on and would take the pass to the point away and force a turnover or just block the shots. I kept screaming for the Blues to set something up on the half wall and behind the net but we didn't have the playmaker to do this. I love watching Crosby,Thornton,Backstrom,Taveras,Koptiar,Stasny,ect work the powerplay from down low. Stasny is very good with the puck down low setting up forwards for one timers in the slot and shooting/passing the puck to the front of the net creating chances. This will keep defences honest and open up the point shot as well. Would love to see a top PP unit of Steen - Shatty - Tank - Backes - Stasny and a second unit of Petro - Gunner/fowrard - Schwartz - Bergy - Oshie

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Steen's almost certain to play the point on the first unit. I doubt Gunner sees much playing time on the PP with JayBo, Petro, Shatty, and Steen on the point.

pricer502

Jun 3, 2011
Kansas City
Steen's almost certain to play the point on the first unit. I doubt Gunner sees much playing time on the PP with JayBo, Petro, Shatty, and Steen on the point.

Don't know enough about Gunner but it sounds like he has some offensive skill. I personally don't care for Jbow on the PP. His shot isnt very effective and he always looks for the wide shot deflection play. If gunner can't be on the 2nd unit I say go with 4 forwards.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Don't know enough about Gunner but it sounds like he has some offensive skill. I personally don't care for Jbow on the PP. His shot isnt very effective and he always looks for the wide shot deflection play. If gunner can't be on the 2nd unit I say go with 4 forwards.

Gunner can move the puck, but just take a look at some of his film and even his stats; he's nothing special offensively. JayBo is a step above for the PP.

On a side note, I'll be very mad if Tarasenko and Schwartz don't get top minutes next year. They've earned a chance.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Can somebody tell me where the Cracken ended up going? I heard he was picked up somewhere, but I can't find anything on his signing.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Very intrested to see how Stasny changes our powerplay. I complained alot last year because our PP attack became so predictable. Our only strategy was to get a point shot from Steen,Petro,Shatty. Teams caught on and would take the pass to the point away and force a turnover or just block the shots. I kept screaming for the Blues to set something up on the half wall and behind the net but we didn't have the playmaker to do this. I love watching Crosby,Thornton,Backstrom,Taveras,Koptiar,Stasny,ect work the powerplay from down low. Stasny is very good with the puck down low setting up forwards for one timers in the slot and shooting/passing the puck to the front of the net creating chances. This will keep defences honest and open up the point shot as well. Would love to see a top PP unit of Steen - Shatty - Tank - Backes - Stasny and a second unit of Petro - Gunner/fowrard - Schwartz - Bergy - Oshie

Stastny could perform that task on The 1st PP shift, and Lehtera could do it on The 2nd. NOW, The Blues have enough good scorers to fully man both PP shifts. I see a BIG improvement ahead if they will change the strategy to add movement by the puckhandler AND, at the same time, players driving towards the net.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Stastny could perform that task on The 1st PP shift, and Lehtera could do it on The 2nd. NOW, The Blues have enough good scorers to fully man both PP shifts. I see a BIG improvement ahead if they will change the strategy to add movement by the puckhandler AND, at the same time, players driving towards the net.
New coach and new toys? No way it doesn't vastly improve...considering it was a top PP last year till mid season.

Then again....we are the blues....

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Question:

Does anyone know what the 700k bonus overage we're paying this year against our cap is all about?

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad