GDT: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft | June 30, 2013 | 3:00 ET (NBCSN, TSN, NHLN)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
0227-draft13.png

Streams:

NHL Draft Preview Show (1-3 PM ET) - NHLN

NHL Entry Draft (3 PM ET) - NBCSN

NHL Draft Recap Show (10:30 PM ET) - NHLN

Round | Overall | Player | Pos | Country | Ht | Wt | Amateur League | Amateur Team

1 | 3| JONATHAN DROUIN |LW |CANADA |5'10'' |186 |QMJHL |HALIFAX
2 | 33| ADAM ERNE |LW |USA |6' 0" |210 |QMJHL |QUEBEC
5 | 124| KRISTERS GUDLEVSKIS |G |LATVIA |6' 4" |190 |RUSSIA-JR. |RIGA 2
6 |154| HENRI IKONEN |LW |FINLAND |5' 11" |184 |OHL |KINGSTON
7 | 184| SAKU SALMINEN |C |FINLAND |6'3'' |198 |FINLAND-2 |K-VANTAA
7 |186| JOEL VERMIN |RW |SWITZERLAND |5' 11" |192 |SWISS |BERN

NHL.com Pick Tracker | TSN.ca Pick Tracker

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Final rankings (NHL Central scouting):

Ranking | North American skaters | European skaters
1 | Seth Jones (D) |Alexander Barkov Jr. (C)
2 | Nathan MacKinnon (C) | Valeri Nichushkin (RW)
3 | Jonathan Drouin (LW) |Elias Lindholm (C)
4 | Darnell Nurse (D) | Rasmus Ristolainen (D)
5 | Sean Monahan (C) |Alexander Wennberg (C)
6 | Hunter Shinkaruk (C/LW) |Andre Burakovsky (LW)
7 | Valentin Zykov (LW) |Jacob de la Rose (LW)
8 | Frederik Gauthier (C) | Robert Hagg (D)
9 |Mirco Mueller (D) |Artturi Lehkonen (LW)
10 | Anthony Mantha (RW) |Pavel Buchnevich (LW)

Ranking | North American goalies | European goalies
1 | Zach Fucale | Juuse Saros
2 | Eric Comrie | Ebbe Sionas
3 | Tristan Jarry | Luka Gracnar

Final rankings (TSN):

Ranking | Player
1|Nathan MacKinnon (C)
2|Seth Jones (D)
3|Jonathan Drouin (LW)
4|Aleksander Barkov (C)
5|Elias Lindholm (C)
6|Valeri Nichushkin (LW)
7|Sean Monahan (C)
8|Rasmus Ristolainen (D)
9|Darnell Nurse (D)
10|Maxi Domi (C)
11|Nikita Zadorov (D)
12|Alexander Wennberg (C)
13|Bo Horvat (C)
14|Hunter Shinkaruk (LW/C)
15|Anthony Manta (LW)
16|Mirco Mueller (D)
17|Samuel Morin (D)
18|Curtis Lazar (RW/C)
19|Zachary Fucale (G)
20|Adam Erne (LW)

Last edited:

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
I'll go on record on draft day by saying my board goes:

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Barkov
4. Drouin

But I wouldn't be one bit upset with any of them. Big day today, and whatever we do with the #33 is also a pretty big deal this year, too.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Everyone might want to wear a diaper as Wings Dir. of Amateur Scouting Joe McDonnell thinks the first round might take a while.

Martin Brodeur's son Anthony is also eligible to be drafted this year. Crazy. It'd be awesome to see with the draft being held in NJ.

Last edited:

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Where's the draft party at?? Let's go Bolts! Can't wait to see who we pick. I love all the top guys so I know I will be a happy camper whoever it ends up being. Just as long as we KEEP THE PICK.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm not going to lie, it feels a bit like Christmas Eve for me. I'm trying to make the time go faster.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Really excited for this draft, its funny because when ever the draft comes around I think back to where I was when we drafted the past couple years. Stamkos I was at work and ended up getting a call from my brother and I went into the freezer and screamed with joy haha. Hedman I was at a Concert down the street from my house and I ran all the way to my house to make sure I made it on time to see Hedman picked.
This year is a little different, I am a huge fan of Drouin and would love for us to pick him but I can definitely understand picking Barkov. Im glad I dont have to make that decision, thats for sure. I have full confidence in Yzerman and his crew to make the right pick.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Really excited for this draft, its funny because when ever the draft comes around I think back to where I was when we drafted the past couple years. Stamkos I was at work and ended up getting a call from my brother and I went into the freezer and screamed with joy haha. Hedman I was at a Concert down the street from my house and I ran all the way to my house to make sure I made it on time to see Hedman picked.
This year is a little different, I am a huge fan of Drouin and would love for us to pick him but I can definitely understand picking Barkov. Im glad I dont have to make that decision, thats for sure. I have full confidence in Yzerman and his crew to make the right pick.

Your stories remind me of my experience when Chicago won the cup in 2010. I thought the game was going to go into 2OT so I went to the washroom. When I came out, Pat Kane was jumping up and down by himself so I figured he didn't score but that they announced on the PA that he wouldn't be fined for assaulting a cab driver.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Tough call, but Connolly said he'd like to stay for a long time with the organization, that's worth a lot.

Is it fair to say that Connolly has the higher offensive ceiling but that Panik has the better overall ceiling (two-way play and physicality)?

Such a tough call imo, especially if Connolly becomes a consistent 65-75 point player like Marleau. Panik, on the other hand, is a player who'd be even more valuable come playoffs and to play in all situations; he's also no slouch offensively either.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Phoenix makes too much sense as we're perfect trading partners. We're in different conferences and each organization has strengths where the other is lacking. If we're after Gormley, I'd assume they'd want Connolly (maybe plus a little more?). If we're after Rundblad/Stone, I'd assume they'd want Panik in return.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Connolly.

I don't want to trade Panik, his physical play will do wonders in this team

I'm in agreement with you. With Kucherov coming up through the system, the need to keep Connolly as a scoring winger becomes less of a priority imo. Also, Connolly likely has more value to a team like Phoenix who are starved for offense.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Unfortunately, I work today. Little peeved, but, it happens. I have the draft recorded, so when I get back, I'm watching it. Not keeping up to speed on my phone, what would just rouin it (anyone?).

Thoughts?

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Likely between Panik and Connolly imo. Who would you guys be more willing to give up in a trade for a defenseman?

Connolly. I think he could be a solid player at the NHL level, but I was at the game in Carolina where Panik scored the nastiest "1st NHL goal" I've ever seen.

Since that day, Panik has been one of my favorite prospects. Plus, Panik is physical, but not in a "completely out of position to make hits" way. Tampa needs more of that.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Less than two hours away...please draft Drouin or Barkov (or Jones if he's still there).

This jersey I've ordered better not go to waste:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 1.18.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 1.18.47 PM.png
    833.9 KB · Views: 25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad