The 2013/14 Junior Hockey Thread

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This will be year 2 of the rebuild, and they should be a middle of the pack team in the OHL next year, and a contender the year after if their scouts do a good job.

People don't realize the OHL has the biggest turnover you can imagine.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
This will be year 2 of the rebuild, and they should be a middle of the pack team in the OHL next year, and a contender the year after if their scouts do a good job.

People don't realize the OHL has the biggest turnover you can imagine.

It really all depends on if Monohan comes back. If Monohan is back than we are a playoff team, if he doesn't, than there's a good chance we'll get the number 1 pick again. Konecy, Middleton, Salituro, and Henley are all good pieces moving forward but our depth is terrible and goaltending will need to be addressed. If we are out of playoff position we may be able to get a good return on Van Stralen and Blandisi. I can't see Blandisi getting signed by Colorado so he may be around in 2014-15. I wouldn't be surprised either if Vlajkov has a great season.

littleD

Bump for the start of the season.

You're excited, right!?!?

67's named three alternate captains yesterday, leaving Monahan as captain for the time being. A's will be on the jerseys of Ryan van Stralen, Taylor Fielding and Joseph Blandisi.

67's begin with home games on Friday(Belleville) and Sunday(North Bay). Head coach Chris Byrne and defenceman Jonathan Duchesne are suspended for both games. Duchesne left the bench on a line change and went after a Belleville Bulls player in the last pre-season game. Automatic suspensions.

Ottawa plays their first four games at home. Hope to catch a few games, but it's so depressing being in that arena when the stands are empty lol.

Gatineau started their regular season with two wins over Val-d'Or and Sherbrooke.

First CHL Top ten of the season...

BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings – Pre-season
1. London Knights
2. Baie-Comeau Drakkar
3. Portland Winterhawks
4. Rimouski Oceanic
5. Guelph Storm
6. Prince Albert Raiders
7. Quebec Remparts
8. Edmonton Oil Kings
9. Kingston Frontenacs
10. Kootenay Ice

Honourable Mention:
Barrie Colts
Gatineau Olympiques
Kelowna Rockets

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Has anyone been to any pre-season games yet? How has that top pick Konechy or however you spell his name played?

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Just want to say Konecny looked every bit as advertised as a #1 overall pick tonight. So skilled and a really good skater. 67s might actually be good if Monahan returns this year.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's won 5-4, i only saw the 3rd period when 67's scored 3 goals to come from a 4-2 deficit to win. I think there maybe a few Bulls still looking for Konecny, he left a couple of Bulls twisted in their skate laces a few times, ended up with 2 assists and was named 1st star.
Over 12000 there for the opener.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's lose 4-3 to North Bay. Konecny scores his first 2 goals for the 67's and is in 11th spot in OHL scoring.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Clint Windsor out.

Philippe Trudeau in.

Dude is a BIG kid. Coming from the Q.

Sounds good, the 67's can use an upgrade in that department.

Last year was hard to take but things are looking up. Still a work in progress but if we can get Monahan back, that would be the cherry on top.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Sounds like there is very little chance Mony will be back. He's really been impressive apparently for the Flames. Would shock me at this point if he plays another OHL game.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Monahan 2g 1a after 3 games but a -3.

Philippe Trudeau impressing with the 67's 2-2 after 4 games after coming over from the QHL, he was very impressive in yesterdays 67's shootout win over the Petes with 57 saves.
Konecny impressing leading the 67's in scoring with 7 points in 7 games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Konecny as looked very good in the 2 games I've seen. Dynamic and very puck driven. He's a small guy, but he's very talented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad