The 2013/14 Junior Hockey Thread

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
67s took another defenceman in the 2nd round. Adrian Sloboda. Listed at 6'1 176. Born August 20th '96. Cant really find much on him.

Wonder if he's any relation to former 67 Karol. Probably not. But, who knows :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Gatineau is gonna be really competitive next season, looking forward to it. They just need to shore up the D.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Gatineau is gonna be really competitive next season, looking forward to it. They just need to shore up the D.

Groulx still has some magic up his sleeve. Tardif-Richard and Brouillard are our only OAs (Langlois won't be back), so we won't have too much trouble making a move for an OA defenceman. We have an enitrely expendable piece in Robert Steeves, and some draft picks. If we can bring in somebody who's even half as good as Boutet was last year, I'm more than comfortable with Beauregard, Carrier, Deslauriers, Latulippe, Crevier-Morin, and an as yet to be acquired OA.

As long as Anthony Brodeur lives up to his name, we'll be a force.

Also, this Václav Karabáček guy sounds pretty good, even if I don't know a whole lot about him.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
what's gatineau doing with imports? Karabacek in the fold, do they have to ditch Hyka? (Reway is their other import).

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Monahan's gone.

There is no way that he doesn't make that roster. The 67s are going to suck again next year, but they should have pieces to be a competitive team for the 2014/15 season.

Is this upcoming year the last year at CTC or is there one more after?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Monahan's gone.

There is no way that he doesn't make that roster. The 67s are going to suck again next year, but they should have pieces to be a competitive team for the 2014/15 season.

Is this upcoming year the last year at CTC or is there one more after?

this is the last year. i think I'm going to go to games this year. i like the junior hockey a lot. i use to go but didn't get there much this year.

is clint windsor still the goaltender?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think it's the last year in Kanata. Hopefully.

Sucks that Flames are going to rush Monahan. :/

That's the main problem with franchises these days. It's all about the high picks going straight to the NHL. It's a silly idea and no reason for it.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
That's the main problem with franchises these days. It's all about the high picks going straight to the NHL. It's a silly idea and no reason for it.

Very true. They'd be better off bombing again.

On the flip side they're not rushing beartschi or however you spell it do they might not rush Monohan.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
this is the last year. i think I'm going to go to games this year. i like the junior hockey a lot. i use to go but didn't get there much this year.

is clint windsor still the goaltender?

I believe he'll be back as an OA, yes.

Was impressed with Windsor last season. Hopefully these 2 import Dmen help shore up the defence.

WhiteLight*

Very true. They'd be better off bombing again.

On the flip side they're not rushing beartschi or however you spell it do they might not rush Monohan.

But they are/were much deeper at wing. They have no centres. Backlund and Stajan that's it. Monahan will make it.

Really sucks though. He could use an extra year in junior to dominate offensively.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
So the 67s traded Blandisi for Alex Robinson, Hunter Racine, and 2 2nd round picks.

I know a crap ton about these two.

Robinson played for the Ottawa Valley Titans and is...intriguing. He played minor midget as a defenceman. Big strong guy, two way. I'm not huge on him though. Makes a lot of stupid mistakes. I know he played a bit of forward for the Kanata Stallions. Not sure where they see him being, but there is a really good chance he is on the team next year.

Hunter Racine played for the Minor Midget Champion Ottawa Jr. 67s and is a really awesome hockey player IMO. Probably the 2nd best Ottawa player in his age group. Anyone guess who the best was? Small, speedy, shifty, was the captain for his team. I personally think he has what it takes to be a really good OHL player. We'll see.

The two 2nd round picks are good as well.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
67's are doing a full on 3-4 year rebuild. Team is going to stink for a while but should have some high draft picks and solid talent in the near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad